If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Just Belly Dumping  (Read 14628 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Just Belly Dumping
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »
Well, haven't posted much lately, been pretty busy and work has been boring. I've mostly been attempting to make progress on the Diamond Reo or doing yard work in my spare time now that I own a house. I've been working pretty steady Monday through Friday, mostly Beck Street haul for over a month now, but I got tired of the weather affecting my paycheck so much (we've had some bad wind and it's been snowing), so I got switched to hauling sand from the Fife pit in Brigham to Ogden and hauling rock from Willard to Layton. I've trained a guy the last two days...he has zero prior experience, so I've needed to give him some tips on shifting...a lot. Still haven't gotten around to polishing Elvira and now I'm supposed to go to a cabin with my in-laws next weekend...hm. Only one decent picture this week and it's not that great, haha. Cool truck though and a cooler guy. My friend Terrell...it's an old Robinson truck. He pulls crude oil tankers and belly dumps, hauling coal and aggregate. Getting fairly excited for my brand new glider with the sleeper to get here this summer.....
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Just Belly Dumping
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Just Belly Dumping
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
Looks like an awesome looking KW!

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
What spec will your glider be, are you getting to spec it yourself.      Bob.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:05:23 AM »
I got to pick a few specifications, mostly to do with cosmetics. It's a 389 long hood with 44" (36") coffin sleeper, burgundy with white Seminole stripes. 235" wheelbase (I tried to get it longer, but it was too late to change), 3.73 gears, and we're putting a 2007 Cummins ISX 565 and 18 speed in it. I've picked round horns and clearance lights, a window in the back of the sleeper, medium tapered bumper, and ordered without a visor (I've had a modest forward bowtie custom built). We're putting on six inch straight pipes, miter cut, with stack guards, and a resonator underneath. I'm gonna try to talk them into extra grill bars and getting it pinstriped as well, and I think I have them convinced to put a fake set of sticks in it, where the second stick runs the air splitters. Of course, I'll paint white diamonds behind the grill...should be a pretty sharp truck, just a little stubby, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
Interesting brand new truck and pup for someone...six axle truck, five axle pup, kinda unique with the lift axle behind the front axle, which is on a turn table.

Geneva Rock has a couple new 367s with brand new sets of Bullets and cab corner windows.

CTC has a few of these new T800s with super side dumps.

Interesting load for a dump truck.

Outlaw's transfer that used to belong to L.S. Rock.

Tramcor's only Coronado.

Cabover Aerodyne on I-84.

Nice Pete on I-15.

Cool crude oil truck I spotted up on US40 Friday, going to the in-law's cabin.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
Hauled rock to Excel last Monday, ran Beck Street Tuesday and Wednesday, and got a REAL easy and quiet run Thursday hauling chips from Brigham to South Weber. Gonna check the tonnage rate on that one and if it's decent, I'll request to do it for awhile, it was SO nice to get out of traffic for a day. My three day weekend is almost up now.

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
Nice catches, I really like that Outlaw 388 8)!
Also, solid spec on the Pete glider. It seems you can have a longer wb for sure but you never know sometimes a shorter one could save a few headaches here and there.
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
I got to pick a few specifications, mostly to do with cosmetics. It's a 389 long hood with 44" (36") coffin sleeper, burgundy with white Seminole stripes. 235" wheelbase (I tried to get it longer, but it was too late to change), 3.73 gears, and we're putting a 2007 Cummins ISX 565 and 18 speed in it. I've picked round horns and clearance lights, a window in the back of the sleeper, medium tapered bumper, and ordered without a visor (I've had a modest forward bowtie custom built). We're putting on six inch straight pipes, miter cut, with stack guards, and a resonator underneath. I'm gonna try to talk them into extra grill bars and getting it pinstriped as well, and I think I have them convinced to put a fake set of sticks in it, where the second stick runs the air splitters. Of course, I'll paint white diamonds behind the grill...should be a pretty sharp truck, just a little stubby, haha.

Can't wait to see it!!! Have tought of maybe try and convince them to put a moose gard on the truck???

And when will you receive your new toy??
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
Nice catches, I really like that Outlaw 388 8)!
Also, solid spec on the Pete glider. It seems you can have a longer wb for sure but you never know sometimes a shorter one could save a few headaches here and there.

Thanks, the Outlaw truck is a 389, the angle, lighting, and fuzzy quality make it look sloped, haha.

235" will be fine for pulling bellies, since that's pretty close to how long my current truck is (might even be the same, just can't find it printed anywhere and haven't measured it), but I'm concerned it will limit how far forward I can slide the fifth wheel with the reefer trailer, meaning I might not be able to get much weight up on my steers. Also, the sleeper was supposed to make the truck more versatile, but if I ever hook a flatbed to it, I won't be able to hang anything off the front when hauling over length stuff. 265" would be my choice if they'd asked me before ordering it.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »
Can't wait to see it!!! Have tought of maybe try and convince them to put a moose gard on the truck???

And when will you receive your new toy??

Don't think I'll get a moose bumper. It would look good, but it would add a few hundred pounds and everything I haul in the bellies pays by the ton. It's funny though, by getting a glider without the DEF system, this truck will actually be lighter than my current truck, even with the sleeper.

Truck should hit the dealer in Salt Lake in June, then the dealer paints the stripes on it, then we'll pick it up and drop the motor in at our shop, so I'm hoping I'll be in it before the truck show in Salt Lake in the middle of August.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:49:15 PM by peterbilttrucker »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »
It will also have three hundred gallons of fuel capacity, painted air cleaners, no emblems on the sides of the hood, full plastic drive fenders, round hole wheels with tall 22.5 rubber, and I'll put some extra lights on it.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
Lots of awesomeness captured here! And look, there's the Outpost oil hauler I caught in the Salina area in October!  8)  Btw, can't wait to see your new truck. ;)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

cowcruzer

• Regular Membership
  • 🐮🐮🐮🐮
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 05:58:54 AM »
New truck sounds like it will be nice. I wouldn't worry about the wheelbase when you hook up to a reefer. Canadians have been doing it with 30" more bunk on 244" for years.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »
Lots of awesomeness captured here! And look, there's the Outpost oil hauler I caught in the Salina area in October!  8)  Btw, can't wait to see your new truck. ;)

Jan.

I just got told the build date is actually late June and it will take a couple weeks to get to Salt Lake...when were you coming through town? Suddenly I'm not so sure it will make the Salt Lake show in August, so I'd best focus back on the Reo again, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »
New truck sounds like it will be nice. I wouldn't worry about the wheelbase when you hook up to a reefer. Canadians have been doing it with 30" more bunk on 244" for years.

Thanks, I guess I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. It'll have a 36" slide, but I can't remember where the salesman told me it was set, that's easy enough to move if we had to anyway.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs