If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Wednesday March 25-Pre MATS: Southern Pride  (Read 1991 times)

Jon_G

Wednesday March 25-Pre MATS: Southern Pride
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:35:13 PM »
I found this really classy Pete 386 leased to San Diego, CA-based aircraft parts carrier Southern Pride. The truck was parked near the end of the lot with some other flatbed trucks and dropped trailers.

Jon
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:57:24 AM by Jon_G »

Hank's Truck Forum

Wednesday March 25-Pre MATS: Southern Pride
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:35:13 PM »

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Wednesday March 25-Pre MATS: Southern Pride
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:08:55 AM »
I like it! Has that Southern Pride touch to it, even if it is "just" a 386. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
I just saw this truck & got a few pics today up in Edison NJ. The owner, Dave Gibson of Ocoee FL, is a real nice guy but is now leased to M&M Trucking of Greenfield NH and pulls a Acorn Stairlifts trailer around. He has a new 2017 Pete on order which will be larger than the 386 but the same color. Both he & the guy who owns M&M Trucking used to work for Southern Pride.

sbochneak

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 02:25:40 PM »
It seems the PR on Southern Pride is all going the wrong way these days. What gives?? Is the company run poorly or has the $$ attracted every Thomas, Richard and Harold trucking company into that relatively small niche? Is it market fluctuations in the airline industry? All the big airlines make major money these days. I would think Southern Pride would be printing money. Same with Aviation Express. Anybody KNOW anything?
"Everyone wants to save the world but nobody wants to do the dishes" - P.J. O'Rourke

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
Not sure about Southern Pride PR but i believe Mr. Gibson might have retired ever so briefly and got back into trucking when his friend made him an offer he couldn't refuse. ;D He said this gig is the best he's ever had and was looking forward to the new truck.

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »

Thanks for the info on that Charlie. I do occasionally read a few of the other driver forums, and it seems Southern Pride has a good reputation in the industry, and drivers make decent money, but are away from home for long amounts of time, which is why most of their trucks are big bunk sleepers. Seems a few former Southern Pride drivers have gone off on their own, but have not left for rival companies, so I imagine the appeal of making really good money as an owner is a big reason for drivers switching.
And glad Mr. Gibson has found a great company to work for, sometimes the appeal of the road calls one back 8)

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »