If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)  (Read 86283 times)

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
Re: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »
The Fastrax KW looks smart in these colours.       Bob.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »
nice collection of the past Gerard thanks for sharing  :D :D

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2015, 04:29:01 AM »
After a little break,  I am ready for a last sprint with this thread.

As the name say, Express Havre St-Pierre is from Havre St-Pierre, a little town on the Quebec North Shore  230 km further northeast from Sept-Iles and
about 1200 km from Montreal.  The trucking company was started when the road was opened  with Sept-Iles. At the beginning, they were hauling  mostly for
the business of the Vigneault Group but over the years they have grown to become a major player in the transportation  for Northern Quebec and Labrador.

Lord & Fils was a small trucking company based  in Ste-Perpetue -de-L'Islet. They went under in the following years.

Davis Specialized Carriers were an important heavy hauler based in Sackville NS.  Some years ago they have ceased their operation and  some of the assets
were sold to Mills Heavy Haul from Halifax area.

Jenkins is from Amqui in the Matapedia Valley.  At that time they still have 4-5 of those K-100 pulling most of the time heavy loaded  super-b. In this pic, they most be heading to the USA with a small two axles trailer.

Demers was an old Quebec fleet. During the eighties they were bought by Cameron-Ashley and became a private fleet for the building material distributors. During the 2000
decade, Cameron-Ashley changed his name to Guardian and after a little while the private fleet was closed.

Mirald was a nice  medium size fleet based in Boucherville Qc. They were taken over by Transforce  in August 2002. Over the time the management was transferred to Papineau.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2015, 06:10:48 AM »
This Mirald regional sleeper cab Freightliner is great.

jViking

• Regular Membership
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »
Have really enjoyed this thread and the look back, sure with some good weather ahead you will be out taking present day photos, like the Lord & Fils FLD120 and the Jenkins K100 Aerodyne, believe they had a blue one a few shades lighter then Steelcase blue that was also a real sharp looking K100, also like the Jules Savard Freightliner Coe from previous page..

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2015, 04:38:51 AM »
I guess that winter is back this morning.  A good time to stay inside and to continue working on this thread.

Verchères Express is a nice small fleet  based in Vercheres Qc. I have always liked this old family business.

Here is another truck from Levy Transport. I have  ever told the history of this carrier.

ABB is for Asea ,Brown Boveri a big international manufacturer of electrical components. They have a small fleet of heavy haulers to delivers  big generators, transformers ,etc. This  big Autocar was one of them along with a few Pacific.

RR Mondor was already a division of Transforce then.  I have also told the history of the Mondor earlier in this thread.

Durocher Transit  is a  flat bed hauler based in St-Felix-de-Kingsey.  Around 2006-2007 they will be taken over by Transforce and renamed Durocher International. They have kept their original livery up to a few years ago.

Some among us are nostalgic of Ford Heavy trucks. Here is a Aeromax for Trimac of Calgary.

Maybe one Ford is not enough, here is a second one as a bonus.  This LTL 9000 was owned by a broker  with Gregoire . By the way, Gregoire  will also be part of the Transforce family later in the decade.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2015, 07:07:38 AM »
Interesting details on that big LTL9000. The broker was trying to sell it.
I wonder what was the meaning of the graphic on the sleeper - Macadam Country?

It appears that ABB has a larger operation in Quebec than Ontario.
Do they still operate a Private Fleet?

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »
the old Acar and Mondor, Durcher, shots are great along with this serious on trucking from Quebec Thankyou Gerard for shareing this with us  :D :D :D

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »
All superb shots Gerard with the Ford LTL9000 taking first prize.     Bob.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »
Interesting details on that big LTL9000. The broker was trying to sell it.
I wonder what was the meaning of the graphic on the sleeper - Macadam Country?

It appears that ABB has a larger operation in Quebec than Ontario.
Do they still operate a Private Fleet?

They still have a private fleet. I have seen them often on the Quebec North Shore where there is quite a few big hydro-electric  projects. Here is a few pics
I took  in the last few years. I have somewhere a pic of a Pacific for them. I will try to post it as a bonus pic in this thread before the end of the month.

nick

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »
i really like that LTL for Gregoire!👍

L.Dugas

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »
i really like that LTL for Gregoire!👍

Same here.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2015, 04:30:04 AM »
Thank's guys for the comments. Here is a series taken in the first half of September 2000 around my hometown of Sherbrooke Qc.

Kenmore Transportation were from Ayr ON. They were regular visitors in my area but the last time I got a pic of one of their trucks was in 2002.  I wonder what did happened to them ?

L.Bernard& Fils is a small carrier based in St-Honore in Beauce County.   I think that this Ford Aeromax was a kind of special edition.

USA Truck from Van Buren Ark. were seen almost daily in the first half of the 2000. I guess that they were hauling automotive parts.

This COE from Erb was also a regular in the first years of the 2000.

SGT/2000 still have a few of those K-100 at the time.  The year after they were for sale in their yard in St-Germain.

Bourret from Drummondville with a combo  in their old livery. Bourret always had a mix of Mack and International in their fleet.

To complete my trio of COE trucks, here is a Mack MH Ultraliner  that I have catched on the Island of St-Marteen in the Carabbeans in January of 2005. Lot of old North American trucks have a second or third career there.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2015, 05:24:54 AM »
That SGT K100 is just super!!  As is the Erb IH flattop cabover, don't see a lot of those with the windscreen set up like that, interesting!  I always liked that Ford Aeromax highrise sleeper.  You're right, I think it was a special edition, I believe one of the plastic model makers had a snap-tite model kit of that exact truck that I put together as a kid.

I bet Mr Archer will have some details on Kenmore, I want to say they got absorbed by some other Ontario based company.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
Yes Gérard it's sure the Vascor trailer is full of automotive parts because Vascor ( Value-Added Services ), a joint venture
berween the US based APL Logistics and the Japanese maritime logistics firm Fujitrans, is totally dedicated to the automotive
sector. The company is one of the three main Toyota 3PLS alongside Transfreight and Ryder. As an exemple in 2006 Vascor
managed 1,000 to 1,200 routes a week using its own trucks and a small number of core carriers like USA TRUCK.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs