If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)  (Read 75689 times)

JJG

Re: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »
Everyone is a winner Gerard, enjoying this post a lot and your captions are like a story book!! If I could have read these stories when I was in school, my report card would not have read "Jimmy could do better if he would apply himself" but rather, "well done Jimmy, you have an A!!!  :)

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

jViking

• Regular Membership
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »
Like the FT freightliner and Mario Asselin Ford,,, the  LTL was a styling model like the CL a rare find these day's,,,,
 years ago there was at one time 6 of us from my area w/ trucks on Levy working out of the Qakville yard, though I took the majority of my dispatch from St. Romuald at that time ,,,was a good company to do work for, miss seeing the grey blue fendered units rolling down the road, was a company just around the bend from St Romuald yard that had identical painted trucks.....

L.Dugas

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 08:19:30 PM »
More nice pics. Being a Ford LTL fan the Mario Asslein is my favorite.

Loghauler

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
Great pics! Reminds me of my childhood trips to Quebec to visit family. The highlight of my trips was always the truck watching. Quebec has some of the most interesting trucks in my opinion. Keep the pics coming!

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
Thank's guys.  After a little break, I am back with those scans pics. Lots of pics with appears in the following weeks including for Dany some  of Fortier/Boostway rigs.

The first four pics were taken in the Mont-Joli/Rimouski area.  The next two were taken at the Ultramar truck stop in St-Nicolas .

Two P&D straight truck for Transport Morneau taken at their Rimouski terminal.

Climan was a carrier based in Montreal (Lachine).  Last pic I took of them was in 2004.  I don't know what  have happened with them.

It's the same Cabano-Kingsway Volvo I have posted earlier. This time he is pulling  a trailer from another Transforce division, Papineau.

In 2000 quite a few soft drinks and beer distributors were still using Ford C Model  trucks.  I don't think that Labatt Wildcat beer is still on the market.

Transport Bourassa from St-Jean Freightliner.  I don't know if it's what we call an extended cab.

Another Transport Belmire Freightliner, this time a FLD 120 flat top. I have always liked this model.

As a bonus, a gift  from   my friend Wayne Crane, a rare Mack Superliner for Transport Cabano.  Thank's a lot Wayne.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 06:35:59 PM »
My favorite are the Morneau GMC,the Labatt Ford C serie and the Cabano Mack Superliner.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 06:18:34 AM »
Lots of cool stuff there!  I agree Gerard, I used to see Climan all the time and then one day....gone, no sign of them...to the point that I never even saw their ex-trailers where you could tell graphics were removed.

Love that Bourassa Freightliner FL112 (I think it is).  When I worked at Freightliner, the option was you could order them with curtains back there in the event you needed to use that extended portion as a sleeper for shorthaul operations.

Jon_G

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 08:36:48 AM »

Great set of pictures once again! The Bourassa FL is very interesting, looks sharp too 8)

Jon

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
Here is some more pics for this threat. Pics were taken in the last days of April 2000 at the Ultramar Truck Stop in St-Nicolas. For old timers, this truck stop occupy the site of the old Guil Truck Stop.

Y&N Gonthier  was then a new carrier based in nearby St-Romuald.  Today it's a middle size fleet. Among others things, they have quite a few mail contracts to Eastern Quebec and the Atlantic.

In those years Bruce. R. Smith trucks were often seen in Quebec. By the middle of the decade they have almost disappeared and today I only see them once in a while. They are based in Mississauga ON.

A contractor from the Quebec City area with a Mack CL.

Here is a double. First a broker for Big Freight out of Winnipeg and an International COE for Canam Steel. 

A visitor from Western Canada, a broker for the Mullen Group out of Okotoks Ab.

A Freightliner COE for Remorquage d'Anjou from Rimouski Qc.  When he was  not used for recovery, this FLB was often seen puling  super B trailers  fully loaded with lumber.

cash flow

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
George,

It seems like I've seen that CanAm International or one like it in the last five years or so in Quebec.

Dave

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
Canam kept some of those International COE up to around 2004 when they started to buy Argosies. But Some of their old trucks are still around.

JJG

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:09 PM »
The Morneau straight trucks, the Big Freight Ford and the last FLB COE are outstanding!

Jim.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »
Here is another series of old pics. Some were taken at the Ultramar Truck Stop in St-Nicolas and other on my way back to my hometown of Sherbrooke Qc. Pics taken in the last days of  April 2000.

Saguelac was a division of the Thibodeau Group. Thibodeau was started in 1945 in Portneuf County.  Over the years it become an important carrier with about 400 trucks and more than 800 employees. Thibodeau was serving mostly Quebec while their division Saguelac was serving clients in Saguenay-Lac St-Jean and the Quebec North Shore. Their division Marcan was doing inter-provincial and transborder work. In 2006 they have taken over Alpine Transportation from Cambridge ON.  They want then to consolidate their services in Ontario and eventually develop the Western Canada market. About one year later , a surprise occurred and    the Thibodeau Group was  taken over by Transforce. For a while they became Thibodeau-Select and all of a sudden toward the end of 2011 it was over for the old company and their asserts were transferred to TST Overland & Kingsway.

Seaboard is a bulk carrier based in Dartmouth NS. In the last 10 years they have made quite a few important acquisitions in Ontario, Western Canada and the USA  to become  a big player in the dry and liquid bulk hauling field in North America.

Landstar have his headquarters in Jacksonville Fl  but with more than 8500  0/0 leased to them they may have locations all over the USA .

A bad pic of a Pete 362 ? toter.  Usually the trucks hauling this kind of prefab buildings  have Indiana licence plates.

I had the impression that Highland was a pretty big carrier in those times. Since their acquisition by Transforce I have the feeling that the operations have been downsized and the equipment is downgraded.

MPH was a small Quebec auto carrier.  I have lost sight of them a few years after.

As  a bonus, a pic of  a Roberval Express  White coming from the Lac Bouchette Collection. Mrs Gagne   was opering  a restaurant in Lac Bouchette,on Highway 155 north of La Tuque Qc.  She was taking pics of trucks and drivers  stopping at her place. Pics were  taken in the last half of the 1970 decade.  Roberval Express was a regional carrier based in Roberval Lac St-Jean. They had also an authority to haul to Toronto. They went  under around the end of the seventies.  Their assets and permits were bought back by Thibodeau Transport.  Thibodeau decided than to create a regional fleet named Saguelac and an interprovincial fleet  to work on the permit to Toronto and named it Transport Marcan.  After the deregulation in the eighties, Marcan became also a transborder carrier.

L.Dugas

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »
More nice pictures. I remember having breakfast at St. Nicolas back in 96-97.

JJG

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 10:43:19 PM »
The Bonus White along with caption is awesome!

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 10:43:19 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs