If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)  (Read 82371 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: Scanned negatives from 15 years ago ( spring & summer 2000)
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
THIS is the Hanktruckpictures.com/forum approved Jimmy Sound!  8)  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRq8D97S8c

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:33:20 PM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2015, 04:45:46 AM »
This series is a selection of pics taken  during my return trip from Mont-Joli to Quebec City by mid-October 2000.

Fortier from St-Henri de Levis  taken on Highway 132 in Mont-Joli.  They were taken over by TFI in the following years  and not too long after  this nice fleet was closed.

RF Chamberland from St-Agatha Me in a rest area West of Riviere-du-Loup.  This nice fleet from Maine is still one of my favourite.

Rivard is a excavation contractor from Ste-Anne de la Perade with a transport division. Always nice Mack in this small fleet  like this CL 700 Elite Edition.

Transport Mario Asselin from Amqui is now running Western Star and Peterbilt.  Then they had also some FLiner Classic and even Ford LTL 9000.  Sad news however, the founder, M.Asselin passed away a few  months ago.

This old KW wrecker  was supposed to be the bonus pic and he appear in the middle of the six pack.

JW Baughan were from Sackville NB. It was a nice old family business from the Atlantic. They  were sold or closed  in the following years.

Milltown Trucking are from St-Stephen NB. They are still well in business but they have lost this nice traditional livery.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2015, 06:19:20 AM »
I like the selection of B train flat decks.
When did lumber start moving wrapped in plastic?
That's mostly what is seen today.

Rob

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
I like the selection of B train flat decks.
When did lumber start moving wrapped in plastic?
That's mostly what is seen today.

Rob

I think, Rob, that the lumber wrapped in plastic is  kiln-dried wood.

jViking

• Regular Membership
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2015, 07:51:51 AM »
Really dig the Transport Jenkins K100 E Aerodyne with big load of milled twigs, gorgeous.. close to perfect.. like the RF Chamberland spread axle ,,Transport Mario Asselin,,,, Transport Marco, not sure if related to Marco the milk and food grade carrier fra Quebec real sweet looking Pete... and the blue FLB fra previous page,,,, all great photos Gerald , especially like the scenic landscape shots in the nature !

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »
The next series was taken toward the end of October 2000 during a trip to Quebec City.

TDL was a small fleet based in Sherbrooke Qc. They were taken over by Transforce in the following years and  merged rapidly into another TFI division.

Rediker is a granite hauler  based  in Beebe Qc.

Canadian Tire had a nice fleet then. I wonder if it was company trucks or brokers ?

A FLB for Air Liquide. I have not seen many COE trucks with them over the years.

Transol was a bulk hauler based in St-Mathieu-de-Beloeil. They were  taken over by Laidlaw Bulk in the following years .

Transport Boutin was pulling trailers for Reimers Express Lines  in Southern Quebec then. One day  they were parked at a local shopping center with this strange trailer.  Canadian Great Western Express was a fleet from Winnipeg that have been merged in Reimers in the first years of the nineties.  I guess that some of their old trailers were still used by Reimers.

As a bonus, a pic that  I have scanned from a special publication  for the 100 th anniversary of Beebe in 1973. It show the Rediker fleet then.

JJG

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2015, 12:04:04 AM »
The Rediker FLD and the bonus shots are the best!!

Jim.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2015, 05:11:30 AM »
I think CT operated nothing other than day cab tractors in their in house fleet.

yardman

• Regular Membership
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Canadian Tire had a nice fleet then. I wonder if it was company trucks or brokers ?

All the CTC hwy trucks were brokers, the day cabs are company trucks.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:01 PM »
Thank's guys. I am near the end of this thread. This series was taken  in the beginning of November in the Quebec City area for the first pics and in Mont-Joli for the remaining pics.

St-Germain Transport.  A few years ago the founder have sold the assets of the company to his sons and they have started a new business named St-Germain Express. They
have kept the tradition of special looking trucks.

Transport Yves Labonté ( TYL)  was from Victoriavile.  They were already in the Transforce family then. They were operated as a division for a little while then  placed under
the management of JC Germain.

Fastrax is a division of Day & Ross from Hartland NB. I took this pic of a nice International 9300 near my homeplace.

Alain Landry  was then a little fleet at his beginning.  They have grown quite fast in the following years but  at about the half of the decade, they were taken over by Transforce.
They were operated as a division for a few years than merged with another division.

Les Entreprises Lechasseur were a Mont-Joli general contractor. Their fleet was almost all Kenwoth but  they had a few odd looking trucks like this Astro dump truck.  Two years ago, they were taken over  by a big multi-national organization. I can't remember if is was Sintra or DJL.

CTMA is the trucking division of Navigation Madeleine, the company who  operate  the ferries  between PEI and the Magdelene Islands.

Here is the typical look and livery of Bourque Express  trucks then. Two years ago Bourque Express was sold to Dynamic Transport from Eel River  NB. They are still based in Mont-Joli and operated as  Dynamic temperature controlled division.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »
The Bourque stripes like that were always my favorite.  That St Germain Transport is a good one too!!

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »
The GMC Astro looks like it has dumped a load or two.       Bob.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
The GMC Astro looks like it has dumped a load or two.       Bob.

I guess that before switching to Kenworth , this contractor fleet may have been mostly GMC. Here is a General for them that  I have catched in 2006.  With those paving contractors, old trucks are  often modified to do  auxiliary tasks.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2015, 01:34:07 PM »
My mother will be 96 on April 5 (Easter ). Over the years about all of her relatives, friends, neighbours  of her generation have passed away. When I told her that  somebody is gone , she always say : " Son, one day or another you always come to the end of the road ".  Well, on another hand,  I think that I have come to the end of the road with this thread. During this winter I have scanned over 1700 negatives of pics I have snapped  during year 2000. I have posted about 25% of them  here.  It's fantastic to see  that things change so much in only 15 years in the trucking world.  I will make a special posting  to end this thread. I have made a selection of COE trucks I have catched during November and December of year 2000.

Here is another K-100 for Transport Jenkins from Amqui Qc. I took this pic in November  in Mont-Joli Qc. Truck was heading West on highway 132.

This Landstar Inway FLA was resting in  the parking lot of a local  (Sherbrooke Qc ) shopping center  in the first week of November 2000.

About mid-November 2000, I made a stop at the old St-Liboire Irving on my way back from a visit to Montreal.

I found there this  1997 Pete 362 for G&K Morse out of Centreville NS.

Two other G&K trucks were there  this particular day, a pair of 1999 KW K-100. They have kept those trucks during many years in the 2000 decade. I think that they may have been kept for local work when they were replaced by Argosies for the long run.

On my way to Quebec City, at the end of November, I have catched through the windshield of the car, this Western Star hauling a Schlumberger truck. Seem to be  a British Foden.

Along HIGHWAY 20  , near , Quebec City, I have catched in December this Mack Roll Off  off a scrap metal  dealer.

This Couture Argosy was catched at the St-Nicolas Ultramar  between Christmas and New Year . And I remember, it was pretty cold this day.

jViking

• Regular Membership
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »
There's the blue twin air horned Transport Jenkins K100 Aerodyne I wrote about, Thanks for posting that photo Gerald, seen that truck quite often in Quebec even around Windsor Ont. w/ flat 10 ft spread , one of my favorite K100 Aerodynes in that dark shade of blue, last time I seen was for sale on Que.Equip. site years ago.. good to see some photographic evidence of said truck ,St Germain Transport KW A mdl w/ that dolled up reefer also very cool, likewise w/ Bourque & Redliker Fld 120's...

Great batch of Photos Gerald !

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs