If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Truck stop pics ten years ago ( February 2001)  (Read 4509 times)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Truck stop pics ten years ago ( February 2001)
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »
We had strange weather lately so I have not been able to go truck spotting  . I will continue to post some pics taken 10 years ago  at about the same period of the year. The following pictures were taken during a trip to Quebec City .

I have  not seen a Mack with the Arnold Bros livery for a long time now . In 2001 it was not unusual.

Atlantic & Pacific Transport are from Clair NB.  This carrier and his sister company, Filmore Trucking are still very active today.

Real Grondin from St-Come in Beauce County had a nice fleet. They had about 30 of those green and gold Mack CH. They went under later in 2001.

Great Western was a reefer hauler out of Fort Worth Texas. During 2001 I have seen them a few time pulling Frozen Food Express ( FFE) trailers . They may had some links with them. I have never seen them again after 2001.

Hudson Bay Transport were from the small town of Hudson Bay SK. I have seen them once in a while between 2001-2004. I have never seen them again after that. I like their unusual livery.

Morrels Transport is  a small hauler from Moncton NB. We can  still see their truck on TCH today.

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck stop pics ten years ago ( February 2001)
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »

Paccar 105

Re: Truck stop pics ten years ago ( February 2001)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:13:43 AM »
Again,Gerard a very nice series from you.

I could be wrong but this one:
Wasn't that the livery off one off Hugh's trucks in season 1 off iceroadtruckers?

fangio

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
Fangio: I believe that Hugh had a tractor in Hudson Bay Tspt colours in Season 1.
Hudson Bay Transport went out of business in the early 2000's IIRC.

Rob.

quote author=Paccar 105 link=topic=51259.msg439184#msg439184 date=1298211223]

Wasn't that the livery off one off Hugh's trucks in season 1 off iceroadtruckers?

fangio
[/quote]

wpmover

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Fangio: I believe that Hugh had a tractor in Hudson Bay Tspt colours in Season 1.

Rob.

quote author=Paccar 105 link=topic=51259.msg439184#msg439184 date=1298211223]

fangio
  I used to see that truck a lot in Saskatoon and Edmonton when I was on the road years ago.
[/quote]

L.Dugas

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
Nice pics as always Gerard. I'm glad to see it's not just me. Cause I too wondered if that FLD was one that Rick Yemm drove for Hugh Rowland or if it was just a look a like.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »

Rob.

I like those small fleets and it is always a sad story when they go out of business.  From what I have seen between 2001-2004, it was a small fleet, maybe under 10 trucks. Trucks were pulling super-B and were a mix of FLD 120 and Volvo. Here is the last pic I took of them in the summer of 2004.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
I like the trip back in time photos you've posted Gerard, interesting.

As for Hudson Bay transport, looks like they might still be in business.
http://www.profilecanada.com/companydetail.cfm?company=2616098_Hudson_Bay_Transport_Co_Ltd_Hudson_Bay_SK
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:56:16 AM »
Thank's guy for the comments. I like this return in the past exercice. It is like seeing history being written under my eyes.

Here is a few more. Like most of the others, they were taken at the Ultramar Truck Stop in St-Nicolas, near Quebec City.

A brooker leased to Brookville Carriers flat bed division from Truro NS.

Here is another fallen flag. The Direct Transport Group from Lancaster ON  were seen quite often on TCH between Quebec City and Montreal in the first half of the 2000. The last pic I took of them was in September of 2005. A few months after, they were gone.

This big Pacific belong to ABB a manufacturer of transformers and other big electrical components . The truck is used for heavy  off road moves  around hydro-electric installations. I have seen it several times in the last 10 years but  each time he was loaded on a float. I hope I will see it in action one day.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »
I did see that but I wonder what they look like today though.
They seem to have disappeared from any western Canada lenses unless you've got one recently.
Hank got two in Chilliwack in April 2002.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/bc_trucks/chwk/apr2002/hudson_bay_trnspt_fl_esso.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/bc_trucks/chwk/apr2002/hudson_bay_trnspt_fl_esso2.jpg
They had a very distinctive paint scheme then.
(Sorry, Gerard, for the interuption)

As for Hudson Bay transport, looks like they might still be in business.
http://www.profilecanada.com/companydetail.cfm?company=2616098_Hudson_Bay_Transport_Co_Ltd_Hudson_Bay_SK

Farmer13

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »
The one Gerard has pictured here is just a look a like, Unit #175, although Gerard does have picture's some where of The actual one Rick drove on the show, which would be Unit #166
Ken Farmer

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 12:35:54 AM »
Maybe I can add onto this thread here with picture's that Gerard had sent me when we'd e-mail each other which I was going through old e-mail's the other day and still keep our old e-mail's with our old conversations

Gerard had sent me quite a few of his Hudson Bay Transport Picture's through e-mail asking me if one of the trucks was on Ice Road Truckers and the answer is yes it was driven by Rick Yemm for Hugh Rowland during the first season of the show

This was one of the old picture's Gerard had sent through our old e-mail's of another Hudson Bay FLD-120 Unit that was taken back in April of 2002 at his local spot from what Gerard had told me which would of been Unit #166 from what I'm noticing in the picture that Gerard had sent me 

Here's also a screen shot that I had taken of Ice Road Truckers with a red arrow pointing to the fleet number that would still make the Hudson Bay Truck used in the first season of Ice Road Truckers identifiable and the truck used in the first season of Ice Road Truckers would of been Unit #166 which would of been the truck that Gerard had sent me a picture of that he took at his local spot back in April of 2002, I remember him e-mailing me and asking me if I had anyway I could identify any of his Hudson Bay Transport picture's to the one used in Ice Road Truckers and was considered to have been done

Another interesting thing about this truck in particular is that it also had a background spot for a few minutes in a truck stop scene in another movie called Red-Blooded American Girl II back in 1996, After taking a screen shot and blowing up the picture, I was able to see a fleet number and found out that it was also Unit #166 which would of been the same one that Gerard got a picture of at his local spot back in April of 2002 and also the same one that Rick Yemm drove in the very first season of Ice Road Truckers, According to Rick Yemm he had referred to it as a '96 Freightliner in one of the first season episodes, So, That means the truck would of been brand new when it had appeared in Red-Blooded American Girl II with Burt Young (A.K.A Pig Pen from Convoy) back in 1996

Here's a screen shot of it down below when it had appeared in Red-Blooded American Girl II in a truck stop scene for a few minutes

The other truck that Gerard had posted earlier in this thread was twin to the one that Rick Yemm drove for Hugh Rowland during the first season of Ice Road Truckers and would of been Unit #175   
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 12:35:54 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs