If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: MSR Transport Services - leased on with FDCC and Panther  (Read 5096 times)

militaryman4

MSR Transport Services - leased on with FDCC and Panther
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »
Well, I am a fleet owner now! Myself and two other veterans created MSR Transport Services as a power unit fleet leasing on with FedEx Custom Critical and Panther Premium Logistics. We have 5 brand new 2015 Freightliner Cascadia Evolutions with the automated manual transmissions. I don't have an pictures yet because I am not physically around the trucks - but as I get them sent in from the drivers, I will be posting them here for sure. Here are a couple of articles about me and the company starting up and ways to follow us and watch us grow!

Facebook: MSR Transport Services
Twitter: @MSRTransport
Instagram: @MSRTransport
Email: MSRTransportServices@gmail.com

http://www.overdriveonline.com/military-veteran-leading-the-way/

http://www.overdriveonline.com/more-from-former-driver-military-logistics-pro-on-small-fleet-for-driving-vets/

V/r

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

MSR Transport Services - leased on with FDCC and Panther
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: MSR Transport Services - leased on with FDCC and Panther
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:16:28 PM »
Congrats Rob on the new company.........best of luck & happy trucking.  :) If the other 2 guys have your determination & drive i know you'll be expanding in the near future. Proud to say i know you sir. ;)

Mike S

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »

Congrats Rob!!!  How do you like the ownership aspect of the business?  What are you doing back in Va.?
Thanks for Looking!

Mike S.

Ray F

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:12:33 AM »
Congrats Rob  8)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:34:23 AM »
A most interesting idea Rob.
Will your drivers be dispatched by FedEx CC and Panther directky or will you be the liaison between the carriers and the drivers?
Congrats on the new business and I hope you have great success with it.

militaryman4

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »
Congrats Rob on the new company.........best of luck & happy trucking.  :) If the other 2 guys have your determination & drive i know you'll be expanding in the near future. Proud to say i know you sir. ;)

Thanks Charlie! They do indeed, we were all company commanders and all come from the same transportation battalion in Ohio - plus we were all enlisted first! We're also hooked into a Veteran Owned fleet management company that is just as determined as we are to make this all work!

Congrats Rob!!!  How do you like the ownership aspect of the business?  What are you doing back in Va.?

Mike - so far the ownership is great. As we get to collect some raw data on numbers and pay, I'm hoping to like it even more! As of now, we all decided we are just going to stick to tractors and have plans on diversifying into other companies to lease onto as well. FDCC and Panther will get us started, but FedEx Supply Chain, FedEx Ground, Mercer, Bennett, KAG, and Admirals Merchant all come to mind to expand to so we can offer drivers options on type of freight and the ability to bounce from leased company to leased company while still remaining employed with us.

As far as being back in VA, I live just south of DC in Alexandria so that has been home for me now for 4 years. I'm working for the Army doing Logistics as a federal employee still and my reserve time is at the Pentagon now as well. Those are the reasons we are not getting our own authority and going to stay leased on with companies because of the ethics issues.

Congrats Rob  8)

Thank you Ray - it was a challenge getting it off the ground for sure!

A most interesting idea Rob.
Will your drivers be dispatched by FedEx CC and Panther directky or will you be the liaison between the carriers and the drivers?
Congrats on the new business and I hope you have great success with it.

Rob - the drivers will get the load offers directly to the trucks and can accept or deny them. There is no forced dispatch. The drivers will have a relationship with the carriers. We are actually using a fleet management company to even be a liaison between us and the carriers and drivers. The drivers will work for the fleet management company and be contracted to our trucks that we own. This prevents any ethics issues if enlisted Soldiers work for us since we are officers that own the business. So really, we own the trucks but are not employing drivers or doing day to day operations - just the long range strategic planning of the business!

militaryman4

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Well - here is our first truck and FDCC truck number E10867. The team gets into it today and then tomorrow are available for loads. We have another 3 getting prepped at Fyda for the first week of the new year. We're going to get the ex-guard moose guards for the front of these too eventually, to kind of have them stand out some.

Best part of this was I got to pick it up from the dealer and put 200 miles on it. It has the Eaton 10 Speed Ultra-Shift - and I have not driven a commercial truck since I left FedEx Freight in 2006 .. only a few miles until I got the hang of it again!

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
Just to wish you the best of luck on your venture.    Bob.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
Yep, best of luck to ya! :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

fordl8000

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »
Sharp looking truck for sure, as an Army veteran about to go into the Reserves, thank you for doing this for service members!

militaryman4

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »
Well, we have already upgraded! We turned E10867 into ER10867 and ditched the dry van for a reefer owned by FDCC.  That tractor is pulling FCR073 now. Here are a few pics of it:

And then the trailer used in the Gulf Sea Turtle Rescue after the BP New Horizons accident was also in for temperature validation so I grabbed a quick shot of it:

V/r

Rob

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 09:07:06 AM »
Read that you went to school and got your Supply Chain Management degree.  I went to Iowa State for the same thing, where did you go to school?  Just curious  :)

militaryman4

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »
Read that you went to school and got your Supply Chain Management degree.  I went to Iowa State for the same thing, where did you go to school?  Just curious  :)
I got the Supply Chain degree from the University of Akron. My Transportation Management schooling was completed at American Military University (AMU). Before I left for Iraq in 2003, I was going to Akron for Transportation Management and when I came home, they said that degree didn't exist anymore but they had "supply chain management" at the time, that new buzz word hadn't caught on and meant nothing to me but I pursued it anyways!

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »
I hear ya, when I got my degree was when they were making the buzz word change.  I chose to have Transportation & Logistics on my diploma....everyone else got Supply Chain Management.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs