If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #4  (Read 3382 times)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #4
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:03:49 AM »
First up, Carnes Trucking Co Inc., of Louisville, KY (Truck also says Atlanta, GA) with this Columbia.  SAFER gives them 87

Prime Inc. 587

West Side Transport of Cedar Rapids, IA still looks like this...

Speed Express LLC of Wayland, MI has 79 Trucks, and this Pete 387 is one of them.

Wow....  This Canadian can't be missed.  For an outfit called CCT Trucking Ltd., of Markham, ON.  The Truck helpfully says "Ontario, CA" of which there is a city of this name in California. 

Romans Motor Freight Inc. out of Omaha has this 386, which I've seen in the year since I took this.

This Mk I Coronado Midroof works for Graves Enterprises Inc., a 4-Truck outfit out of Lincoln, NE

Here we have a T600 run by the Snazzy ON # Company 1628497 ONTARIO INC, dba Mercury Lines.  They're a 2-Truck outfit out of Brampton, ON.  Sadly, SAFER reports this DOT # as Inactive.  Pulling a Reefer for Hind Transport, also of Brampton. 

Furniture Row Express out of Denver, CO runs the heck out of these Mk Is, in the colors of Red & White. 

Sharp Swift Leased T680

Another Western Freightways (Denver, CO) Truck, this time a T600

Transport Service Company (Oak Brook, IL) VNL zooming a Stevens T700. 

A Pete 387 for the interestingly named Knight Run Carriers LLC, of Parkesburg, PA. SAFER says they have 3 Trucks

ProStar for Kodak Fresh Produce, of Phoenix, AZ. Pulling a Reefer for http://bountifulbaskets.org/, which is a Food Co-Op of some sort.

A-One out of Ceres, CA has a number of these T700s now

LTL Service of Wisconsin, Inc. out of Milwaukee runs a wide variety of Trucks. This T600 was/is one of them.

Royal Logistics Inc. of Halton Hills, ON, is a fairly regular I-80 runner with these Western Stars

Fairly plain Prime Inc. Lease Operator, but the "Company" name of Pawprints, LLC and the domicile of Kalispell, MT was of interest!

Raytchev Transportation Inc., dba RT, is a 81-Truck outfit out of Schiller Park, IL.  This Evo was In-Transit for them at the time.

Lera Express LLC out of Oregon City, OR.  SAFER says 4 Trucks

Here's a Volvo for Dino Transport Inc., a SAFER = 3 outfit out of Hanover Park, IL.

Out West Express LLC, out of El Paso, TX is a outfit that I like the Logo of.  They seem to run ProStars.

Asberry Trucking Inc., of Exira, IA runs this W900 and has for some time.  They keep it looking pretty nice most of the time.

And lastly, Zeitner & Sons, Inc. (Omaha, NE) yellow T660 #1016.  This Truck sees extensive usage.  I think I've caught him on every Interstate around me and on some of the 2-Lane Highways!

Hank's Truck Forum

I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #4
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:03:49 AM »

rustyboy102

• Regular Membership
Re: I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #4
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
I have seen an OUTWEST Volvo 780 on 684 New York

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
Nice catch on the Furniture Row Express Coronado Rick. 8) I've never seen anything but the NASCAR haulers for this outfit. ;D

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »
I'll say..."Boy-oh-boy" Rick do you ever catch some winners out there on I-80!!!!!!!!!!
Hind, I have seen.
The other guy - nope.

Someday, if you ever get the chance to come to Canada, I'd love to show you the part of Mississauga north of the Airport where it borders with Brampton. All the little truck yards on the industrial streets where all these carriers you see park.

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »

That's a very sharp Prime Inc. Pete 587! I really like the blue 8) Nice catch on the Carnes as well. They mostly have Cascadias now, all of which have the smaller logo you see on the door as the main decoration. The big roof lettering is not something they have on the newer trucks.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs