If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #3  (Read 4120 times)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #3
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »
Since this session took place over a year ago, I'm going to be very selective in what I show you.  It's more for Historical interest now I guess.

How about a Combined Transport (Central Point, OR) T800W?  I don't see these too much even today.

Here's a Unknown Pete Daycab pulling for Eastern Iowa Tire, of Des Moines, IA.  If you go to their website (http://www.eitire.com/) you will see this exact Truck pictured!

I see Continental Express (Sidney, OH) every now and then on I-80, to this day.  ;)

How about another Combined Transport T800W?  :o ;D

Here's a Pete 379 Flatbedder for an outfit called B & R Transfer LLP, of North Freedom, WI.  SAFER says they have 6 Trucks, and I've not seen them since I took this picture.

Sharp O/O Pete for Daily Express' Wind Division.  They seem to have a ton of O/Os doing this work.

While the "Public Face" of Zeitner & Sons, Inc. (Omaha, NE) is the T660, they have a number of other models in the fleet, with Midroof Cascadias like #1034 here being a strong minority.  These are regular members of the fleet it seems.  I caught #1033 yesterday in fact!

Here's a Wil-Trans Pete 587 with prominent markings for the driver being a "Military Recruiter for Trucking" and the Driver himself being a Ex-Navy CPO (Chief Petty Officer). Haven't seen this before or since.

A Canadian! MN Carrier Ltd. of Kleinburg, ON operates this Cascadia.  One of many Canadian outfits that I see.

Valley Transportation Services Inc. of Grand Meadow, MN still operates sharp Pete 389s like this. 

SULLY still sends sharp O/Os my way too, including this one that I've seen several times in the past year.

This company interests me because they're out of Omaha (with 9 Trucks per SAFER) and I have only seen them this one time.  MAP Logistics Inc. is the company name.

Here's a nice looking IH for BUBA Enterprises Inc., of Eagan, MN.  3 Trucks per SAFER.

JK Hackl Transportation Services Inc., of Sun Prairie, WI still sends many Petes down I-80...

I-80 2-Fer!

Singh Trucking, owned and driven by Baldev Singh of Ceres, CA, is a 1-Truck outfit per SAFER, and here Mr. Singh is heading West

As Crete continues to buy new ProStars with unpainted skirts, fully painted examples like this are getting rarer. 

Black Horse Carriers Inc, out of everywhere, doing everything it seems.  Today they're doing it with a Penske Leased Cascadia daycab.

Here's a Cascadia that I shall assume is a O/O for Cannonball Express Transportation out of Omaha, NE.  Why?  Because I see Cannonball all the time and this is decidedly a Non-Standard Logo!

Midnite Express Inc., of Fargo, ND used to operate a number of IHs like this.  Now they have very few left.

Here's a O/O FLD for Lawrence Transportation of Red Wing, MN. Can't say I've seen many O/Os for Lawrence.

Here's a Star owned by Skip & Cindy Myers, of Lebanon, MO.  Leased on with Mercer of Louisville, KY.  And it appears Skip is driving today.

Newer at the time red Cascadia for Heartland Express.  I don't think this won out with Jon_G  ;D, as all the new Evos I've seen for Heartland are white Midroofs with Red Stripes

And lastly, how long has it been since you've seen a Western Freightways T2000?  It's been a while for me!

Hank's Truck Forum

I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #3
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: I-80 Rest Area Visit, 7/20/2013(!) - #3
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »
One thing's for sure Rick since New Century closed up you won't be seeing anymore Western Freightways. :( I've never seen a Combined Transport T800 so i enjoyed those pics & it's always good to see a Valley rig. :) JK Hackl's yard is right off I-43.........one of these days i need to stop there.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 06:28:07 AM »
Nice series. I like a lot the Combined Transport KW T-800W.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »
That's a pretty newish tractor for MN Express (Kleinberg is another suburb on the northwest corner of Toronto).

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »
Nice variety!!

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
That Bubba from Eagan MN....I'm pretty sure they haul for either Forward Air or Ceva.  Usually see them over by those two warehouses during the week.  Either that or in the shop.....Anderson Diesel Service (division of Bay&Bay Transportation) usually has one of their rigs in the shop at all times....not good when you only have 3.

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »

I hope you'll excuse this very late reply as I simply haven't looked at everything yet ;D

On the Heartland, I decided to trade in all the red Cascadias for Evolutions, because Evolution sounds cooler and like the Freightliner Cascadia,
Heartland Express is evolving as a carrier ;D ;)

Seriously though, from what I have heard, the red Cascadias are for teams, while the white ones are standard trucks. The teams got the condos, while the rest of the fleet received midroofs. I don't know why all the original Cascadias were traded in. I can only think perhaps they were on a short lease cycle.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs