If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: On The Road To Walcott 07/12/2013 - #9  (Read 2619 times)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
On The Road To Walcott 07/12/2013 - #9
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »
Let's Open up with a Sharp Transportation (Logan, UT) 579!

Oberg Freight Company (Fort Dodge, IA) Pete 386

:o :o :o
Farmer's Oil Pete 389 pulling a Van!  I see this very Pete lately pulling a Tanker.

A Freightliner M2 with a Big Bunk pulling a Car Trailer for an outfit called Starlight Transport out of Texas

Unknown T660 Flatbedder

Nebraska-Plated Pete 379 pulling a Flatbed with the name "JOHNSON" on the Tarps

Pete 379 Flatbedder with Illinois Plates

JIM DAWS...! 

Pete 388 Auto Hauler

European Trucking!   ;D ;D ;D
A Older Volvo Can Hauler for a outfit called "Michael's"

Hinz Trucking (Elm Creek, NE) Pete 379 Flatbedder

D & G Trucking (Lincoln, NE) T600

Arlo G Lott Trucking (Jerome, ID) T660 Flatbedderf

Unknown 2-Tone T600 with Wisconsin plates

Unknown but sharp Quebec-Plated Pete 386.  On the side of the sleeper it says "Striving For Excellence"

Nice!

ENE Logistics Co. (Lincolnwood, IL)
SAFER = 1

Upstaging Inc. (Sycamore, IL) Pete 386

Sharp but unknown Pete 379 with "DCH" ghost lettering on the sleeper fairing

Prime Inc. Cascadia Flatbedder

Passing through Des Moines I just had to stop at the Quill & Nib, http://www.quillandnib.com/ which is a very cool store that mostly sells Fountain Pens. I do most of my writing with Fountain Pens so I stop by whenever I'm in the area.  Anyway, I caught this Mack Bulker for Hamilton Redi-Mix (Jefferson, IA) at a stoplight. 

And in traffic, a Boat Hauling TMC 579!

Back on I-80 now and heading East again (Bought a Fountain Pen though...  :P) I see this Crane Truck for Champion Crane (Des Moines, IA)

And Here's a TanTara Inc. Flatbedder out of Iowa

And we have this Pete 389 to finish.

Hank's Truck Forum

On The Road To Walcott 07/12/2013 - #9
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
Re: On The Road To Walcott 07/12/2013 - #9
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Last winter, a Farmer's truck just like this went into the ditch up here in the Cities
Farmer's Oil Pete 389 pulling a Van!  I see this very Pete lately pulling a Tanker.

I think this is Tauke out of Cascade IA.
And we have this Pete 389 to finish.

gman41

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:54:52 PM »
The old Volvo with the yellow cab and Michelin man on sleeper, is that a fleet or one man.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:49:47 AM »
The old Volvo with the yellow cab and Michelin man on sleeper, is that a fleet or one man.

My guess is he's an owner/operator, leased on with a container company....more than likely, based out of Chicago.  There are alot of immigrants from eastern Europe in the Chicago area and I've noticed traveling through that region, alot of the drivers dress up their trucks as if you'd see them over in Europe.  I think it's pretty cool, the different meanings and what not...like the flags and different things that hang from the inside of the drivers windows.  Maybe Jan can shed some light on what all that stuff means.

I heard one time from a trucker over in England explain what alot of those different traditions mean, like say a Polish driver has a 3-flag  design hanging from the inside of his window with a blue light on the dash, signifies that the blue light is leading/guiding him home safe for another week and the 3-flag design was knitted by his wife or a family member.  That stuff I always thought was cool over on Europe....and each nationality seems to do something slightly different.  Because these guys migrated over here, they bring their traditions with them. 

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:49 AM »

Another little "Custom" feature ....the TIR plate.
Transportes Internationals Routiers
Those went out when the EEC did away with all Customs borders. The TIR was an International "Bond" I believe that allowed transit through European countries without paying Customs Duties in each for moves through Europe.

I must note we are discussing pictures taken last year so maybe that Pete did infact go into the ditch.
European Trucking!   ;D ;D ;D
A Older Volvo Can Hauler for a outfit called "Michael's"

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
Interesting stuff Rob.....I always thought it would be cool to drive over in Europe for a year, just see how everyone interacts with one another.  I thought it was fascinating when I was traveling around in Italy....of course, eyes were glued to the opposite lane of traffic looking at all the trucks!  haha

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs