If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: More Scottish coaches  (Read 3170 times)

norseman

• Administrator
More Scottish coaches
« on: March 20, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »
These first shots are from the House of Bruar, along the A9 not far from Blair Atholl. The first bus is a Neoplan Tourliner for City Circle out of Edinburgh.

VDL Bova coach owned by Prentice Westwood.

Smaller Mercedes powered UNVI owned by Edinburgh Bus Lines.

Now we're over to the intercity coaches. This is MegabusGold's route between Inverness and Glasgow, via Aviemore. The bus is a Van Hool double decker.

We're still lookig at intercity coaches, but are now up to Stracathro Services on A90 between Forfar and Aberdeen. This is another MegabusGold Van Hool, on the route between Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Many companies do these intercity runs in Scotland, it seems. Here is Parks of Hamilton with a Plaxton, also en route to Aberdeen, in Citylink livery.

Another company and another Plaxton, this time CitylinkGold, going the other way, i.e. to Glasgow from Aberdeen.

Here comes the Megabus on its way from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. This is also a Plaxton.

Here is some hired Megabus power. Mcleans Bova running for Megabus on their Aberdeen route.

Citylink Plaxton en route from Aberdeen to Glasgow.

Jan.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:50:41 PM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

More Scottish coaches
« on: March 20, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: More Scottish coaches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »
Some beautiful coaches here Jan.  8) I really like the Citylinkgold. :)

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
Love how most of those guys have their mirrors WAY out in front.

Shows a lot more of the side during stopped for loading/unloading with civilians/little kids close by, & when under way, driver's peripheral vision does the rear-view thing as he looks straight down the road ahead.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

wig wag

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
Interesting.  The new double decker buses that GO bought for the southern Ontario area are
built by William Denison, who is a Scottish based bus builder, and none of the buses in your
catch are represented.

Mister TyZo

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »
Interesting.  The new double decker buses that GO bought for the southern Ontario area are
built by William Denison, who is a Scottish based bus builder, and none of the buses in your
catch are represented.

;) @ Wig Wag...I was looking to for the Same Bus , Sorry my Friend it's Alexander Denis ,  the Bus Manufacturer from Scotland...The Bus Company I Retired from in 07 was in on the same deal as Go Transit when the order was put in..Our property took delivery of 75 of those Double Decker beauty's...Cheers...
Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:04:25 PM »
Alexander Dennis apparently own Plaxton, so many of the coaches in this post are actually from part of the Alexander Dennis group. I didn't know this until I looked around their web site: http://www.alexander-dennis.com/

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 02:09:47 PM »
Love how most of those guys have their mirrors WAY out in front.

Shows a lot more of the side during stopped for loading/unloading with civilians/little kids close by, & when under way, driver's peripheral vision does the rear-view thing as he looks straight down the road ahead.

Very true. That is pretty much the standard mirror configuration for coaches over here these days. Unfortunately this is not the case for city buses/intercity buses, which I drive. Only the passenger side mirror is "way up front" there, and the driver's side mirror has to be looked at through the side window.

Jan.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
Some beautiful coaches here Jan.  8) I really like the Citylinkgold. :)

Glad you enjoyed, Charlie!

Jan.

Mister TyZo

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
Alexander Dennis apparently own Plaxton, so many of the coaches in this post are actually from part of the Alexander Dennis group. I didn't know this until I looked around their web site: http://www.alexander-dennis.com/

Jan.

:(.  And the Finger Pointing as to Whose Going to take the Blame for the Double Decker involved in the Fatal Accident in Ottawa...

Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs