If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Jimmy B's GMC Brigadier  (Read 69742 times)

Jimmy B

Re: Jimmy B's GMC Brigadier
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
Well it's time to bring this thread back to current. First a little about me and my health.

As some of you may know last fall on my swing to visit truck shows in both Salina, UT and Aztec, NM I got so very sick. It happened after the Aztec, NM show and resulted in being hospitalized in Farmington, NM. I was having trouble breathing, I went to an urgent care facility in Aztec. The doctor looked me over and did an EKG. My heart was throw PVCs and as many as 6 or 7 PVC back to back. Not a heart attack, but serious stuff.

The clinic called ahead to the Farmington Hospital and let them know I was coming in, and they needed to be ready to admit me into the Emergency Room as soon as I arrived. The clinic also faxed the EKG to facilitate my treatment. After we arrived was taken right in, I wasn't having a heart attack but there was a serious problem. They then did a number of test and sent me to the cath lab where they did another test. As it turned out, a old stint was damaged and blocking blood to a part of my heart.

They then repaired the old stint and put a new one in another hear artery. Spent 2 more days in the hospital. Discharged from the hospital headed back to the 5th wheel RV to recuperated. Well, I got worse, could catch my breath, lots of pain. After 3 days, back to the hospital, this time in an ambulance with lights and sirens. Admitted and the search for a cause of my problems continued. At one point I was close to death. They found that I had gotten sepsis. So, then they began me on antibiotics and slowly got better. After 10 days in the hospital I was well enough to fly home. Which we did, we had be started on a 6 week course of a special antibiotics at home, an infusion every 8 hours for 6 weeks.

Two of my three sons came to New Mexico to help my wife and I, they also drove the rig home to Reno.

In the last 10 to 20 days or so, I finally feel normal again! Taking care of the Brigadier, some electrical issues. Once fixed I will not have to sneak into and out of California. I'll be able to cross the scale with confidence, this will add a few more shows I'll attend this year. One that I've never been to is held next to the railroad museum at Parris, CA. I'm looking forward to going to that, it's the weekend after the Central California show at Plymouth, CA in the mother lode country.

I'm working on some photos getting them ready to hang in our hall and highlight them with tract lighting. Also, working on albums to display with the truck at the various shows I'll be attending in the near future.

Jimmy B 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:58:12 PM by Jimmy B »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
Wow!!! You had a lot going on in your hiatus from the Forum Jimmy. :o Glad to hear the health issues have been resolved and you're feeling well again. :) Happy to see you back here & looking forward to new photos of the Brig. ;D

JJG

« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2018, 12:30:02 AM »
Wow Jimmy. that is quite the series of events, who knew!! Either way, so glad to hear the outcome is favorable, hope all is well and enjoy the upcoming shows!! Looking forward to your posts again!!

Jim.

Jimmy B

« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
Picked up a 1960 Yellow Transit Mack B-61 with trailer the other day on E-bay. It was used but in excellent condition. These Yellow models will find a place displayed along with the Brigadier. Put it the guest room on the head board for now.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2018, 06:18:56 PM »
Iím glad you bounced back and made a full recovery Jim. That was a pretty scary story. I hope this is another enjoyable year for you and your truck!

Updated 8/10/2018

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »
Wow, glad to hear you're feeling better Jimmy!
I hope that'll be the end of that for you, and you can enjoy tinkering with the Brig and driving it to some shows! ;D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2018, 10:35:49 PM »
You have toys in your guest room??? OK, I would like to be your guest ::)

Last year the wifey and I stayed in a hotel, Airport Inn it was called, they had air plane memorabilia in each room and in the hall ways, thought that was quite cool........now we just have to find one called DieCast Inn and life's good!

Jim

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #307 on: February 17, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
Jimmy that was a bit frightening but glad you are on the mend. I will look forward to your road trip escapades and pics of the Brig.
                                                                                                                                                                                              Bob.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »
Damn Jimmy I didn't know it was that serious. Really glad to hear you are doing better, and I hope your future days treat you better than last fall did.

Jimmy B

« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
Thanks guys, can't wait to get on the road this spring!

Jimmy B

BModelMack

« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »
     Hey Jimmy, I met you last year at the Des Moines show.  Scary story, glad to hear you have mended and get to enjoy some more shows this summer with your Brig.

Mike

Jimmy B

« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
Thanks Mike, getting ready to take off to a show in Wellington, NV this Saturday. You take care.

Hey Jimmy, I met you last year at the Des Moines show.  Scary story, glad to hear you have mended and get to enjoy some more shows this summer with your Brig.

Mike

US MAIL GUY

« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2018, 06:45:23 AM »
Jimmy,
    Good to hear you're almost good as new. Enjoy the show this weekend. Hope to see you in Lexington!!
                                                                                                           Gary

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2018, 11:04:11 AM »
Your Yellow display is outstanding !
An inframe & new injectors and you will be good for another million miles driver .
________ IH 9670 ________

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »
Hope you're making a full recovery Jimmy. That didn't sound like fun for sure. But glad you caught it in time.

I enjoy seeing your pics and hearing your updates.

All the best to you.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs