If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Carrier Spotlight Thread Merging  (Read 17930 times)

Bad Habit Rabbit

• Regular Membership
  • Bad Habit Rabbit
Re: Carrier Spotlight Thread Merging
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
 Ok, I am trying to get the hang of how to reply to comments. Guys, I am the explosive hauler from SLT, etc. May I suggest to the secured and explosives companies, that you add heavy haul. The model for these carriers was the old Tri State Motor Transit company, TSMT, and they haul tanks and other military stuff, up to and including Nuclear waste on multi axle drop decks and all. It really is an extensive system that works closely with the military industrial complex, commercial explosive users, and hazardous materials and waste stream producers and receivers. I can offer insights as few others as I know where enough of the bodies are buried just to make it real. Also have some photos. I only wish that I had pics of my own Raab Vacuum Truck Service Incorporated, late eighties and early nineties in Southern California.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:43:19 AM by Bad Habit Rabbit »
Bad Habit Rabbit

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »

wbache

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
As a driver that started back in the 60's my recollection was the TSMT was principally an explosives hauler who expanded their authority by buying out other carriers who had heavy haul or flat bed authority. One of those was Parkhill who mostly did oil field trucking.  Another was USAC who did mostly aerospace business hauling aircraft equipment especially jet engines.  In that time period there was no one carrier who had 48 state heavy haul authority and most expanded by buying out smaller carriers. The dominant flat bed heavy haul carriers were C & H Transportation & International Transport (both long gone) others were Leonard Bros Transfer out of Miami who had authority mostly across the south and which required moving east to west coast loads thru Pensacola FL  JH Rose an oil field hauler who hauled a lot of DOD loads. I was an O/O for Dealers Transit whose origins were as a car and commercial trailer transporter (Ford & Fruehauf as well as Mack Truck and GM step vans).   Dealers bought out a number of operators with heavy haul authority mostly across the south however we could haul from California to FL without interchange and moved a lot of the big Atlas and Delta rockets to Cape Canaveral.  They also had some explosive authority mostly in California-NV and AZ.  I worked out of a yard at Santa Fe and Del Amo in Long Beach which had been a Hadley Auto Transport yard then used by Belyea Truck who Dealers bought out for their heavy  haul authority.  Since no one carrier had 48 state authority they belonged to what was called the "Red Book" which established rules and rates for interchange.  A Red Book load usually paid good money but we didn't get many of those loads and DOD loads pretty much moved at a uniform rate. Deregulated changed all that but that is another story.

TREV78

• Regular Membership
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »
There are two threads for Barney Trucking. One is titled Barney Trucking yard and the other is Barney Trucking lot Beaver, UT.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:36:59 AM by TREV78 »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
I will try to remember to merge these two when I get back home from my trip this coming week!  :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
Sammy from Tennessee

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
Sammy from Tennessee

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 05:27:02 AM »
Done! Thank you!

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
Sammy from Tennessee

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
Sammy from Tennessee

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
Sammy from Tennessee

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »