If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: My swifttrans collection  (Read 4635 times)

Mike Berka

• J B Hunt fan since 1992. Swift fan since 2005.
My swifttrans collection
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »

Hank's Truck Forum

My swifttrans collection
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
Re: My swifttrans collection
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »
Some neat models you got yourself there Mike!

Updated 8/10/2018

Mike Berka

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
Greg, thanks for the comment. The trailer in the last two photos I purchased off of the Swift website, from their company store. Everything else was purchased off of ebay.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:40:13 AM »
Nice collection Mike.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »
Very nice! Interesting to see that they are all reefers.

I have a number of Swifts by DCP in 1/64, and even a Liberty Classics Coronado, also in 1/64, but not any of these 1/53s. I do have a few 1/53s as well, though - ProStar Hybrid, Green Fleet ProStar pulling a turnpike double set, a normal ProStar pulling a RMD set, and a Columbia pulling a Sam's Club van. Plus, I have seven brand new DCP 1/64 scale Swifties waiting for me at Gary Smart's house... so yes, I love my Swift diecast trucks, too.  :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Mike Berka

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
Jan, I don't have any 1/64 scale Swift trucks, and I'm not sure if I ever saw any on ebay. Also too, with these trailers, they are all Wabash National types, but for some reason they have the Great Dane logo on the top part. Also, you mentioned about all of these trailers being refrigerator types, but, the trailer in the third and fourth photos, is actually a dry van type, because the trailer number is 081531. This trailer though, is the first one I saw on ebay, in the 53 version. I don't know why, but this trailer design was released in the past on ebay, in a 48 foot version. That green fleet Prostar you mentioned sounds cool. Where did you get some of the models you described?

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »
Mike - the older 1/64s I have found either on Ebay or at toy shows. They come up pretty rarely - they made four back then; two KW W900Ls (one blue and one white), and two Columbias. Two of these came with dry vans, and one with Wabash dry van pups, and the last one with a flatbed with tarped load. I think the KWs came with the dry vans and the Columbias with the pups and flatbed.

The new DCP ones I actually got from Swift's own company store! You can find the trucks by going into the store here: http://www.swiftdrivers.com/wps/wcm/connect/swiftmigration/Driver+Login/Driver+Portal+Footer/Swift+Store  For the record, DCP's dry van casting is Utility.

The 1/53s I have I got from Central Valley Models. http://www.centralvalleymodels.net/ They are really good to deal with, and I believe they still have a bunch of Swift trucks and trailers in their store, both in 1/53 and 1/87 versions, from Tonkin.

Jan.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:17:06 PM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Mike Berka

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »

Here's a Volvo that I purchased off of ebay, and I now have this trailer hooked up to it.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
Nice! I love those blue VNL670 company rigs! I'd have bought this one if I didn't already have one in 1/64 scale at home. :)

Jan.

Jon_G

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »

Tonkin's Volvo VNL670, one of their earlier Precision Series runs, is really quite a good casting. Whereas some of the newer stuff, especially the Peterbilts, feel rushed and thrown together, the Volvo has a solid suspension and really looks the part IMO. Nice model Mike! 8)

Jon

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »
I agree. The Volvo castings are probably my favorite Tonkins. I have a 670 and a 780 in my limited 1/53 collection.

Jan.

Mike Berka

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »

Hi guys, thank you for the comments. Just for fun, here's a left side version. This Volvo was on ebay for about two weeks before I picked it up. The person who was selling it had the model still in the box, and it was hard to tell what it looked like, and also to get a good look at the color. Another company, Central Valley Models had the same Volvo hooked up to a trailer, and they were selling theirs that way. I was able to get a better look, so then I purchased this one. The trailer that I have it hooked up to, I also purchased on ebay about a year and a half ago, and was trading back and forth with the other trailer that I have, and the Kenworth. The color of this Volvo is nice, and definitely looks better in person, and now I can keep this trailer with it.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs