If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: PHL Freight Thread  (Read 24161 times)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
Re: PHL Freight Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2017, 03:14:11 AM »
I'm digging the shots Greg. Caught a Columbia today on my way to work but couldn't get a good photo op. Sure beats seeing the typical 20 year old Pinnacle's I typically see around here.
There�s plenty of those gliders around. You�ll get your chance soon enough!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2017, 03:14:11 AM »

Jon_G

« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »

Great photos Greg! Any reason they are suddenly getting rid of the old equipment? I imagine it was probably just getting tired but just curious, no worries if you can't answer.

Jon

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »

Great photos Greg! Any reason they are suddenly getting rid of the old equipment? I imagine it was probably just getting tired but just curious, no worries if you can't answer.

Jon
I really don�t know Jon. They�ve gotten a lot of new trucks both for NEMF and Eastern. Eastern Freightways is 100% E-Log now so maybe they�re prepping NEMF for the same thing.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
Some photos from the last few months. With low light and sudden slowing of freight, I don't have a ton of photos to share. The Pinnacles with trailers are at Wawa. The rest are all in the yard. There aren't a lot of 8100s left. A lot of the old stuff is gone because it's getting hard to get parts for it. The White/GMC is the oldest tractor in the yard and is a spare.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:51:49 PM by Greg_E »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »
Hi Greg. Nice to see that you are still here at Hanks. Are you able to drive much at your part time gig?

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2018, 06:30:55 PM »
Are the Mack U & R models all gone now Greg? ???

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »
Hi Greg. Nice to see that you are still here at Hanks. Are you able to drive much at your part time gig?

Yes I�m still here. Posting photos isn�t as easy with an old computer and Slickpic, but I make the time. I�m only driving forklifts right now on Friday nights. I was told if they let me I could hostle trailers but there hasn�t been a need. Maybe they�ll let me do a Saturday straight truck job in the future.

Are the Mack U & R models all gone now Greg? ???
Yes. I haven�t seen one in years over here. All the Fords are gone too. Other than the White/GMC, the oldest tractors are Mack CHs and the 4 International 8100s which are also on the way out.

BModelMack

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »
   So that's where 94011 went!  That was domiciled in Meriden CT for many years and suddenly disappeared a few months ago.  Thanks for posting Greg.

Mike

Ray F

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2018, 07:00:31 PM »
What's the Story on the Home Delivery Decaled M2? I havent seen one of those yet.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »
   So that's where 94011 went!  That was domiciled in Meriden CT for many years and suddenly disappeared a few months ago.  Thanks for posting Greg.

Mike

Yes it showed up in the fall! Good to know a little about where it came from Mike.

What's the Story on the Home Delivery Decaled M2? I havent seen one of those yet.
That�s just the logo they�re putting on the new straight trucks Ray. They mostly use them for residential deliveries but can deliver or pickup anywhere like all the other freight carriers.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »