If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Lacaille  (Read 1532 times)

dutchy

Lacaille
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »
on the list of names on the TRANSFORCE webcite the names of Lacaille & Mirald are missing

http://www.transforcecompany.com/operations/truckload

Hank's Truck Forum

Lacaille
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
Re: Lacaille
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »
It seems that these names disappeared from the site a while ago, but they continued to operate in the real life or at least, they didn't took the name off the equipment.  It remembers me Begin (vs JC Germain) in Sherbrooke.  Since Transforce structures uses the Transport TFI X companies, they could use or not X, Y or Z names.  Lacaille and Mirald under the same umbrella than Papineau (Transport TFI 1, if my memory serves me well). They would wear these names on the trucks and trailers, but actually it would be Transport TFI 1 doing business as X, Y or Z on the paperwork.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:02:45 AM »
Positive baraclou,Lacaille and Mirald was under the same umbrella as Papineau altogether with Location Mirabel.

Also on the QuickX website TroAir is not there anymore.Another trademark dating back from the TNT era is gone.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:39:57 AM »
Also on the QuickX website TroAir is not there anymore.Another trademark dating back from the TNT era is gone.

TroAir - R.I.P.

TroAir was an amalgam name of Trojan Freight Lines Air Freight Division.
Around 1980, just after my wife and I were married, she took a job doing Air Exports at Associated Customs Brokers. PanAm International Airways didn't have landing rights at Toronto International Airport but had hired an active salesman for air cargo. Associated had an On Airport warehouse and hired Trojan Freight Lines (TNT Overland's Full Load Division) to haul the air cargo to New York JFK Airport. They hauled the PanAm cargo back to Toronto for customs clearance.
My wife would do all the export paperwork for the Trojan drivers and Friday evenings the cutoff for cargo was 19:00.
TroAir eventually expanded their lanes throughout the north east and Midwest; they were a big carrier on the YYZ-ORD lane.
Two of the TNT carriers came into the QuikX Group were Roadfast, which if memory serves was a Toronto/Montreal to western Canada carrier and TroAir.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
This is good info. I saw a Papineau truck this afternoon that had Lacaille on the nose but Papineau logos everywhere else and was wondering why.

Updated 8/10/2018

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
During it's rapid growth period (2002-2008),Transforce switched a lot of trailers from a division to another inside a same
divisions pool but the right identification is always the one at the front and at the back of the trailer.The 3 following photos are the illustration of what I tell.As an exemple in the first photo Lacaille and Papineau are part of the same pool ( L.P.10 ) but the trailer is operated by Lacaille. 

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/rene_buron/2005/oct/transforce/file005.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/rene_buron/2005/jun/transforce/file0001.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/rene_buron/2010/03-10/numerisation0001.jpg

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs