If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Rare tonkin die cast  (Read 2686 times)

05stacks

• Regular Membership
Rare tonkin die cast
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:15 AM »
http://s963.photobucket.com/user/jslurff1/library/?sort=3&page=1

If you look in my photo bucket ( can't post pics from my phone) I was able to get a prototype trailer the price chopper win a car. I work for price chopper and own every die cast and train they have done. This truck was only one of 3 and never made for public purchase. That didn't stop me I called Tonkin and after lots of pleading they let me buy it and it cost a lot but was so worth it  :D. The other pics are some of my collection and the real trucks.

Hank's Truck Forum

Rare tonkin die cast
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:15 AM »

05stacks

• Regular Membership
Re: Rare tonkin die cast
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »
Also in the pics are my winross models they did the one with full fairings was internal release only. And the pic with the trains the all blue one is only one of 50 they were made by accident and most were sent back to K line but my dad was able to get one before they disappeared for good. It wasn't supposed to say price chopper they were supposed to say procter and gamble.

Jay

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
Eric at Tonkin actually made the Price Chopper trailer for me as a prototype when they started a new pad printing process that allowed us to use photos for graphics on the trailer.  I never received it so this makes sense since the pictures he sent me had 3 of them in it :)  My plan was to use this as a prototype to sell the idea to Price Chopper.

I have done several price choppers in the past and love their fleet, always beautiful trucks and as a lover of turnpike doubles and the cascadia it is a home run to shoot pictures of!

Jay Lau
Drop & Hook Scale Models

05stacks

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Do you have any pics or any for sale

Jay

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »
Sure do.  Can you send me an e-mail at  drop_and_hook@hotmail.com?

Thank you

05stacks

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
I sent you an email to that link hope to see some pics and prices soon. Thanks again

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs