If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Western Australia trucking?  (Read 1665 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Western Australia trucking?
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:28 AM »
Hey guys,

Any of you Australians have any input on whether Western Australia is a good place to look at trucks? Any road trains out there, for instance? I just got to talking to a friend about maybe going down there some time, but seeing as I don't know much about the area, I thought I'd put a question up here. ;) Any Western Australia trucking input is welcome! 8)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

Western Australia trucking?
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:28 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

werkhorse

• Global Moderator
    • TruckMadPeople
Re: Western Australia trucking?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:27:00 AM »
Well ..... Coming from Tassie I don't know but I can hazard a guess that across the Nullabor to Perth would be pretty busy ..... Then I guess most freight for the north ex Perth would go up the coast.

There would be plenty of big gear heading for the mines

terry

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
Hi Jan, to put it simply, I think there are more roadtrains in WA than any other state in Australia but dont quote me on that, Victoria and Tassie are the only 2 states that dont run roadtrains. You dont need to go the the west to see roadtrains on the east coast, you just have to drive further out to see them.
Why more in the west, because everything is so far away and the state is so big (its 1/3rd of Oz)that they have to run roadtrains otherwise the place would shut down. In Perth itself you wont see roadtrains running around.In Darwin you will, there is roadtrain starting areas which are out of town about 30-50 kms where they are able to hook up the second trailer then travel further out to hook up the 3rd trailer.  You will see 2,3 and 4 trailer roadtrains running around most bigger towns as you head north or east.
If you want to see the flashy express type you need to come to the east coast where trucks run up and down the east coast between capital cities.
If you do decide to come over there is always a spare bed
any other questions just ask
Terry
Bear Grills calls it Man vs Wild
Aussies call it camping

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »
Thanks for your input, guys! Much appreciated! :) Probably not next year, but maybe in 2015... Maybe. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »