If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Clark Transfer's Wappingers Falls NY drop yard  (Read 2179 times)

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
Clark Transfer's Wappingers Falls NY drop yard
« on: August 31, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
I was browsing through posts here and noticed where John mentioned they have a Wappingers Falls NY drop yard.  So I went GoogleCar searching and boom....if you type in 55 McKinley St, Wappingers Falls, NY....you will come to Clark's drop yard....quite a few trailers in there.  I suppose with all the Broadway shows they do south of the drop yard about an hour....it makes sense to have a drop yard somewhat close.  Wouldn't have imagined Wappingers Falls would be where they would have stuck it though.

Hank's Truck Forum

Clark Transfer's Wappingers Falls NY drop yard
« on: August 31, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Clark Transfer's Wappingers Falls NY drop yard
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
if you type in 55 McKinley St, Wappingers Falls, NY....you will come to Clark's drop yard....quite a few trailers in there.  I suppose with all the Broadway shows they do south of the drop yard about an hour....it makes sense to have a drop yard somewhat close.  Wouldn't have imagined Wappingers Falls would be where they would have stuck it though.

Being close to I-84 it may afford them an easier route east into New England and heading west it's a pretty easy trip to I-81 and the southern shows plus I-80 is an easy access (via 84 & 81) to the west. Probably less headaches when you can reach more places via I-84 & just deal with the New York mess on a case by case basis. :-\

John L. Becker

• The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:17 AM »
The other month we had a Clark in for inspection and I found out from him that he is the one "in charge" of the Wap Falls yard. he told me that I could go up to any of the older Clark drivers and ask them if they know "Sluggo". Well, a few weeks later, I did just that and sure enough, the driver knew "Sluggo"!

There is one thing about a lot of the Clark drivers, most of them seem like really nice guys and are more than happy to have their truck photographed! In fact, I have had a few new-hires tell me that they were told that the "big guy" who decals their truck will photos of it when it's done!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:17 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs