If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: August 2013 at my local spot.  (Read 5715 times)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
August 2013 at my local spot.
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:26:09 AM »
I just made a few visits this month at my local spot. First thing I know we are already at the last day of the month and I have not posted any pic from there. So here is a first posting and a few more should follow in the days to come.

Seem that PB have decided to put my bonus  in the front row.  Some paving was done a few km uphill and here is one truck working on this job. The same company had a few more T-800 as much loaded. For me it is  kind of too much but some like it this way.

Transport WAD is from Amqui in the Matapedia Valley.  They often pick up wrecked vehicles as return load.

Michel Marcotte is a medium size fleet based in Windsor Qc. For years they were an all International fleet. Lately they have added a few Pinnacle and a few Columbia.

Grayson transport is a new carrier that have just appeared lately. They are from Plessisville and you can't miss their trucks.

Very rare truck traffic on the rural road back to my spot. This medium size KW ( T470 ???) is from Ultramix, a small ready mix company based in  nearby Eastman Qc.

A nice KW leased to  Transport SM from St-Benoit Beauce County.

Morton's Transport is from Gorestanding ON. First time I say a truck for them but nice looking Volvo VN 730.

Hank's Truck Forum

August 2013 at my local spot.
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:26:09 AM »

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
Re: August 2013 at my local spot.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
nice collection of trucks in here  ::) ::) ::) keep up the great work

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:23:43 AM »
Grayson Transport may be a new carrier but they sure know how to make an impression with equipment. :) I really like how the trailer decaling flows down onto the aero thingy. ;D 8)

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 03:00:15 AM »
Nice collection! I saw a few Grayson trucks myself down here on my trip. That little mixer is a T440.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
Thank's guys, here is a few more.

Scoot-Wood from Maple ON taken in the curve.  I made a short stop at this beloved spot but since all the trees there have been   cleared, it is now an open space and I don't like it.

Another great rig from Couture Logistique with a container as a return load.

It was a time when Gilmyr had a lot of Pete 386. This day cab  is one of the last remaining in the fleet.

Boislard is a small contractor based in nearby Ascot Corner. This bright blue Western Star is their latest acquisition.

Normand Nadeau is a small contractor in the area. Like    one half dozen vocational fleets in the Sherbrooke area he have got his Titan.

A new Pete for Transport SM out of St-Benoit in Beauce County.

As a bonus this  nice Pete from Transport Malbert. He was overtaking some  four wheelers and I decided to crop the pic.

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:18:35 AM »
Great pics Gerard, loving all these new Pete 389's 8) 8)!!
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

granitefan713

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »
My favorites are the Titan and the new Petes! 8)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »
My favourite picture is the Greyson Kenworth. The blue of the truck blends nicely with the sky.

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »
what granitefan said x3 8) 8)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:51:59 AM »
Here is some more pics from August at my local spot.

Let start with another Argosy Glider , this one for Kimco Steel out of Kingston ON.

Interesting Pete day cab for Apex Motor Express from Brampton On. 

A first time visitor, Triumvirate Environment from Summerville MA.

A Pete logger from Bonsecours Qc.

First time I see this Pete from Beauce County. Maybe a one truck operation.

Another pic from the rural service road at my back. C.A. Transport is from the Montreal area.  One of the very few vans I have seen on this road in more than 13 years.

As a bonus, this Chevy C 60  from the beginning of the sixties seen at a local old car show.

RobG

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 06:38:46 AM »
Some really great stuff Gerard,I like 389s and the Mack Titan in you earlier post and the 379 daycab and 388 logger is this post.The old Chevy is very cool too.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 06:51:50 AM »
Greetings Gerard.

Have been lurking around HTP catching up on what I missed while I was gone.
You are still taking wonderful pictures. :)
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

granitefan713

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
Great pic of the Argosy glider! I love seeing pics of the new Argosy's. I have yet to catch one on the road, aside from ones in transit. Maybe one day I'll see one working.

L.Dugas

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »
I really like the 2 bottom Petes in the post above, the Pete logger and the Kw below it.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »
Thank's guys for the comments. He is a few more pics, maybe the last one from my August crop that I will post.

Transport Yvon Turcotte ( TYT) from Drummondville is really on the move. Few years ago they had only vans. Now they have a very active intermodal division,  a growing flat bed  group and  some trucks  working  in heavy haul and other specialized jobs. Fleet was almost  all International but in the last few years they have diversified quite a lot their equipment. Here is a Volvo from their flat bed operations.

Ultramix is a small ready-mix operation based in Eastman Qc. They have got this Granite last year but it's the first time I was able to catch it.

JM Champeau is operating a big hard wood saw mill in St-Malo near the NH border.  When the founder was living they had an all Mack fleet. The sons  went with International for a while then with Kenworth. I guess that this CH flat top is the only Mack remaining in this private  fleet.

Even if  this 387 have been there for quite some time it's always a pleasure to catch a St-Germain Express rig.

There is lot of construction projects going on in the Sherbrooke area. Sometime contractors we have never seen before appear in the picture. CS Dunford Excavation is from Waterloo. Within an hour I have seen five of their trucks. My favourite is this new Freightliner SD.

First time I see this modified truck.I had to crop the pic  because I did not went to see the four wheelers he was overtaking. I had problems reading the logo. Look like F Express, a small carrier based in Beauce County.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs