If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: LIVE From Aruba  (Read 58197 times)

Jamie

• Regular Membership
Re: LIVE From Aruba
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »
I have never seen the camera rotate like it is today. That is pretty cool. Not too much action yet today.

Looks like most of the trucks in and out of the pier are Mack CH's. All seem to be white. Different then what you see around here. lol

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »

Jamie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 09:08:54 AM »
Vern  -  Jamie

Life's a little slower in the tropics mon. :D I don't see them breaking any records in working a ship down there. These feeder vessels might do a lot of island hopping in the region & drop off and pick up cans over a 2 week +/- period. I like your comparison to a model Jamie......the more i look at the scene it reminds me of a diorama. ;D

FYI just the other side of the Cruise Ship pier there's a car carrier docked. :o I'd have thought new cars would come in with the box ships, didn't think they'd be enough volume to warrant a whole shipload. :-\

Watching this webcam reminds me of this enormous train and airport layout in Germany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s

Search on youtube for more of the miniature wonderland videos. These are amazing layouts that they have!

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
As of 12:20 PM the MV AURIGA J she be leavin' mon.......a short move over to Willemstad Curacao. No doubt to be replaced by one of the other 2 container vessels noted at anchor offshore.

hwyhaulier

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
As of 12:20 PM the MV AURIGA J she be leavin' mon.......a short move over to Willemstad Curacao.
No doubt to be replaced by one of the other 2 container vessels noted at anchor offshore.   
Charlie - Jamie - All -

Sure! This ARUBA WEB CAM grows on you! IMHO, they just did good, quick work with MV AURIGA

Recall when we went to the Ball Park, it suggested we buy the Program? This link helps with what
seen at ARUBA PORT: http://www.seatrade.com/home.html

BTW. In today's action, spotted a twenty (20) ft. box off vessel, running a three axle (tridem) on the
chassis...

.........................Vern.......................

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 07:59:30 AM »
Looks like a ship a day keeps Aruba happy.  ;D In and out in 24 hours or less.........not like the old days when a "stick" ship could be in port for a week or so loading & discharging cargo. The crew would work 8-12 hours and then have time to see the sights  :).......today the crew hardly ever gets ashore due to the tight schedule. :(

hwyhaulier

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:28 AM »
Charlie - Jamie - All -

Ah! The Webcam is great! Notice when scrolling below the Port images, a Map indicating position of vessels throughout the area.
The "Zoom In/ Zoom Out" is useful. It depicts the "setup" at the moment, and one can guess how the Port Captain or Harbor
Master might play it. Rather a live "board game"?

Also, in exposure to this site, have noted there is evidently another Pier, on Southeast of the Island at San Nicolas. Possibly an
earlier SEA LAND Pier, and is served by MAERSK vessels. The Map reports action in  and out, but no Webcam. More, note with the
"in town" Piers (with Webcam), the International Airport apparently just East...

At the moment (0750 HR), the Webcam is not "panning" the area. There is a small vessel arriving, which we may estimate took
a Pilot out to an awaiting inbound Vessel...

...............................Vern............................

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »
As i type this i'm watching a new player (MARCHASER) approaching the pier. :) The action down at San Nicolas & the related Maersk vessels is all tanker related Vern.........the Valero (ex Esso) refinery is located there. The "red icons" on the board denote hazardous (tankers) vessels.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:31:29 AM by charlie »

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »
Lively little port with Sunday action. 8) CFS PANAVERA must have come in this morning and is currently being worked. Thought for sure one of the 2 ships offshore would be next up then this one snuck in. :D No matter i'll just sit back & enjoy the action.

hwyhaulier

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 10:23:10 AM »
Charlie -

Checking. I was at my Console and Command Center at about 0645 - 0700 HR, and a.m. Coffee. CFS PANAVERA sailed in,
the Web Cam was not panning, and spotted the vessel from midway or so to stern.

Right now, at 1315 HR, checked the area several miles around. Didn't spot anything of interest, tho some traffic out there.
Also, keep in mind when the view toward East end of Container Pier, and over to Cruise Ship/ Auto Carrier area, the skies
are in Airport inbound Approach path. As busy as it is, since watching this, I have only spotted one inbound aircraft...

Airport has a well done site, and all Arrivals and Departures details shown...

...........................Vern........................

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 10:34:58 AM »
 ;D ;D Glad to see the AM shift is manned & in capable hands Vern. :) IIRC someone once told me the cruise ship season doesn't really get into full swing until the colder weather sets in up north so that would account for the lack of activity at those piers.

Lots of tanker traffic in the area as well as Pamana Canal bound ships too........i counted at least a dozen ships at anchor just off the coast last night. Given the location i'd guess a lot of them are modern day "tramp ships" and are awaiting orders where to go for the next load. "Tramping" isn't dead just different. ;D

Jamie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
No too much going on today. Just a cruise ship waiting for the passengers to explore the island.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »
No too much going on today. Just a cruise ship waiting for the passengers to explore the island.

There was a container ship at the dock early this morning Jamie........saw it on AIS about 7:30 AM but i guess the webcam stayed on the cruise ship for the people who aren't hardcore box ship watchers like us. :D Tuned in about 11:20 PM and the VEGA BETA is being worked now.......first night activity i've seen. :o

hwyhaulier

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 04:41:54 AM »
Charlie - Jamie - All -

At moment, 0735 HR ET, Pier working RIO TAMANACO, rather a plain "Inter Island" type.

You caught them running night shift to keep on top of it, eh? Yesterday, the "Freight Pier" had
at least two in, including a SEA TRADE vessel. Noted, too, the Pier wasn't "panning" the camera.
Our acquaintance, MONARCH back, after a turn thru Panama Canal. It had the leading TV
appearance for the day...

..........................Vern.......................

Jamie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
Looks like they are building up their refrigerated container inventory on dock. lol

hwyhaulier

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
Jamie -

Getting addicted to the "flow" of it? <G> We had a SEA TRADE Vessel in yesterday,
handling "reefer" traffic...

Odd Note. Consider the Island of Aruba is not a lot of real estate. Today, noted a pull-in
to Pierside, container behind what looked a classic, older Freightliner Sleeper. Maybe the
owner guy also uses it as an efficiency apartment? <G>

.........................Vern.........................
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:36:13 AM by hwyhaulier »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs