If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Cat's fate  (Read 1877 times)

Paystar

• Regular Membership
Cat's fate
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »
Any word or rumours on what will happen with the Cat truck, now that International has gone to Cummins for their SCR systems on the 13 litre, and has also closed the Garland Texas plant where the Paystar and Cat truck were built and moved to Mexico?
Will we see a Cummins powered Cat truck? LOL.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Hank's Truck Forum

Cat's fate
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
Re: Cat's fate
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 03:18:38 AM »
You won't see Cummins power...yet, but you will see Cat trucks with Cummins SCR systems. They have not found a replacement for the MaxxForce 15/CT15 yet that I've heard.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
It sure would be nice to see Cat come back to the on-road engine market. Especially since they are now putting emissions systems on their off road equipment. I'm sure SCR wouldn't be a big stretch for them.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
Local company just got a new Cat truck and the driver tried to tell me it has a Mitsubishi engine with Cat heads? I haven't heard anything about a Maxx Force replacement. Maybe he was misinformed? I didn't get a chance to look under the hood.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs