If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: ATHS 2013 - Yakima - Who is all coming?  (Read 7589 times)

RoadRailer

Re: ATHS 2013 - Yakima - Who is all coming?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 05:42:52 AM »
I wish I read about this photo shoot sooner as I would have left home earlier, oh well.
I was glad I was able to meet Jan and Ryan and the group as well as meeting Harm.
Richard O.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 05:42:52 AM »

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
Jan correct me if I am wrong. The name Harm Speersta rings a bell about 15 years or more one of the Truck Magazines ran a story about Harm I am sure he had a beautiful Blue and White car haulier that was immaculate but maybe I an wrong. I take it the weather stayed fine for you and the rest of Hanks Troops. How many Digi cards did you use great pictures as always thanks.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
Jan correct me if I am wrong. The name Harm Speersta rings a bell about 15 years or more one of the Truck Magazines ran a story about Harm I am sure he had a beautiful Blue and White car haulier that was immaculate but maybe I an wrong. I take it the weather stayed fine for you and the rest of Hanks Troops. How many Digi cards did you use great pictures as always thanks.

You are absolutely correct, Harm used to be a car hauler - in fact, I think he told me he'd been a car hauler for most of his life. The weather did indeed stay fine, except for one shower on Thursday that lasted maybe five minutes, hehe. Memory cards - well, I only used one, as I downloaded the pics to my portable harddrive through my laptop every evening, but all in all I took almost 3000 pictures.  ;)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
I wish I read about this photo shoot sooner as I would have left home earlier, oh well.
I was glad I was able to meet Jan and Ryan and the group as well as meeting Harm.

Yes, I was glad you ran into us as well! And good deal about meeeting Harm - we had a long visit with him in the 10-4 tent, and found out he is an exceptionally friendly fellow! :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

hank

• Administrator
    • http://www.hankstruckforum/htforum
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »
Here is the "official" picture of the group. Sorry for those we didn't get in the picture.

L->R
Mike Beesley, Jan Asle Sele (Norseman), Ryan Dorius (peterbilttrucker), Rob Groot (RobG), Hank Suderman, Rick Sousa (kneeling), Chris Hall, Harm Speerstra, Hank Rabe (hanky), Huntley Smith (from Lytton, BC), Andy Jenkins (squirt359).

Thanks for all who showed up for the picture.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:04:37 PM by hank »
Hank Suderman

cdntrucky@shaw.ca

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »
That pic really turned out good! Kudos to our photographer, who I believe was Mrs. Suderman! :)

Jan.

hank

• Administrator
    • http://www.hankstruckforum/htforum
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
Yes you are correct, Jan. Mrs Suderman did take the picture. But when the shutter clicked, Chris Hall's head was side-ways. So I had to use Chris' head from another photo I took later on. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. Maybe no one would have noticed.
Hank Suderman

cdntrucky@shaw.ca

JJG

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
Hey guys, the weekend is over, did make it down there, barely, we had a very bad hotel experience!! The wife did not get any sleep at all, I slept on/off for a couple, almost ended up leaving Yakima at 6:00 AM, decided to get a bite to eat and then see what time it opened. We were in the show at 8:00, did a quick roam thru the show taking many pictures and left by 10:30. Too bad we couldn't have seen it in different circumstances and met with all you guys, it would have been great........but, at least I did get to see it and it was worth it for sure!!

Jim

1953 kw bullnose

• Thats right!
    • My truck show pics.
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
Great show, was told bout the photo totaly forgot. cant wate for Salem 2016 :)

RobG

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:46 AM »
I just made it back home after 18 hours straight on the road.Exhausted but it was worth it.I had an awesome time at the show and enjoyed meeting everyone.I had a great trip down with Hanky enjoyed spending some and swapping stories with him.So many beautiful trucks in one place it was hard to take them all in but we sure tried ,I haven't walked so much in a long time but it was worth it.Picked up some shirts,some hats and a couple trucks from Jeffs Collectibles,it was a great trip.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:46 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs