If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Trafalgar Supply  (Read 2257 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Trafalgar Supply
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
Are these guys (Stratford ON ) still in business?

Hank's Truck Forum

Trafalgar Supply
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jon_G

Re: Trafalgar Supply
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »
They were last year, at least, when I caught this new Volvo at MATS...

...and this Coronado on the road in Montana. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Yup, they're still around. They're actually looking for drivers now. I see them sometimes in Hamilton loading coils but not on a regulatory basis!
A Volvo VNL780 for them:

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/Hamiltonaction2/Hamiltonaction22/IMG_8751-1.jpg
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »
got a brand new peterbilt 385 for them yesterday in ary on. flying j will post this week

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »

taken this past june / july up near Woodstock on.

Chris_E

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Rob, a bit off topic, but that T800 in your picture has some strange headlights.  Looks like they came off a W9.  I've seen a few other T800s and trucks in that family with lights like that, but not many.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
That's an old picture Chris - took it in the early 2000's.

Last summer went past their yard in Woodstock Ont and got a shot in passing.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
Rob, a bit off topic, but that T800 in your picture has some strange headlights.  Looks like they came off a W9.  I've seen a few other T800s and trucks in that family with lights like that, but not many.

It's possible you could actually spec a T800 with round headlights, if your salesman knew the right people, and if you for some reason preferred them. I remember Robinson Trucking in Salina, Utah had a whole fleet of W900Bs with round headlights - the W900B was officially only made with square headlights, but the guy I talked to at Robinson said they had been delivered that way from the factory. Apparently they had had to twist some arms to get them specced that way, but Kenworth had honored their wishes and made them with round headlights. Possibly the same had been the case with some fleet that ran T800s as well? :-\

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Chris_E

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »

It's possible you could actually spec a T800 with round headlights, if your salesman knew the right people, and if you for some reason preferred them. I remember Robinson Trucking in Salina, Utah had a whole fleet of W900Bs with round headlights - the W900B was officially only made with square headlights, but the guy I talked to at Robinson said they had been delivered that way from the factory. Apparently they had had to twist some arms to get them specced that way, but Kenworth had honored their wishes and made them with round headlights. Possibly the same had been the case with some fleet that ran T800s as well? :-\

Jan.

Perhaps.  Most of the T800s I'd seen with those headlights were older models (some may have even been T400s).  ICX had some round headlight Kenworths.  Neat spec, but not common at all.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs