If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Lunchtime at MY Overpass Updated with May 15 pictures.  (Read 4138 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Lunchtime at MY Overpass Updated with May 15 pictures.
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »
May 6 2013 Edition - Part 1
Nice Day  ;D
Needed Shades  8)
Monday traffic was fairly strong.

First up - APCO Solvents pulling a Dana trailer. Maybe APCO trucks are run by Diverse now, which is Dana's Ontario subsidiary.

Caravan Logistics Volvo.

J Syvret Pete daycab. It is hauling steel rebar in screens.

Trash hauler

Pair of flatdeck haulers. The Volvo in the centre (truck passing) lane looks to be from Tombro Trucking based in Milton. I'm not sure of the carrier name for the sewer pipe hauler.

Gambles Ontario Produce is a large fruit and vegetable wholesaler-packer based at the Ontario Food Terminal.

Lain Transportation Western Star.

Consolidated Moving & Storage straight truck.

International Prostar hauling a Quality Carriers dry bulk tank. The Quality logo wasn't on the tractor door however.

Rosedale Transportation of Mississauga with a leased tractor.

Here is that American carrier who hauls domestic cans into Ontario from somewhere, probably Buffalo. I often see them hauling SWIFT but this one had a UMAX.

End of Part 1.
More to follow.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:33:50 AM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

Lunchtime at MY Overpass Updated with May 15 pictures.
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Lunchtime at MY Overpass - May 2013.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »
Looks like some decent weather up your way, Rob! ;) Not too bad here either today, I was told it's been the warmest day so far this year - which really isn't saying much. I think we were up to maybe 15 degrees Celsius. ::)  Anyway, some interesting catches here, of which my favorite is the J Syvret Pete daycab. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
Low 20's with sun here for the past couple of days Jan.
Part 2
Next we had a scrap steel tub being pulled by an International. The name on the door appeared to be Muskoka  so I wonder if Muskoka Transport out of Bracebridge has a scrap steel hauling division.

This blue T660 has the name Millen on the door. I found a Millen Trucking from Napanee ON which is in eastern Ontario not far from Kingston.

Then, a Canada Cartage tractor pulling an OK Transportation trailer. CCS bought OK several years ago.

Zoomin' Straight Trucks - a Pete expediter from GLG Express of Innerkip ON is passing a Argosy straight from Konik's Produce out of Burlington.

Integrity In Motion is the carrier name for this Kenworth W900. They are based in Grand Valley Ont.

A plain Volvo running for Landstar was next.

And this Part will conclude with a W900 steel hauler from WJ Deans of Delson Qc. A tandem trailer for this company is a light weight compared to their majority - multi axle B trains and long trailers.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:46:26 AM by Rob Archer »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
Monday May 6 - Final  :o

B and H Transport is a Mississauga based carrier that specializes in Curtain-Sider type trailers and loads. He's passing a "something" maybe a motorized tricycle.

Cascades Recovery Plus gathers used and recycled paper at a warehouse in Toronto to transfer to the Cascades Paper plant in Quebec. The trailer has "ghost" markings for Mackie.

Two loads of steel were heading down the road.

This T800 strikes me as coming from Quebec; maybe it's the Brossard leasing trailer.

A Cassens Sterling with a load of Chevys.

A D&W Forwarders, based in Brampton, bulker B train.

and Finally, a Peterbilt from Tombro Trucking with a load of building materials.

That's  All Folks.....for that day at least.

Rob

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
May 15 2013.This was a blustery day. I only stayed for a very few pictures; my hat kept blowing off.
We open with a ZOOM...Sylvite Logistics zooming a B&B tanker from Quebec.

Next up, NFI is moving some refrigerated loads for "Canada's largest grocer" which is Loblaws. This is another CCNI container - grapes from Chile in all likelihood.

Can hauling company A.C. Transportation

Next, Lacy Dalton Inc was acquired by holding company Contrans. These two were traveling together. The Contrans logos are on the trailers but the tractors are still in Lacey Dalton paint.

Something pretty rare in this area is a trailer toter. Miller Mobile units are mostly used as field offices for construction companies. They ran Fords then Sterlings and this looks to be a Freightliner.

Another can hauler.

As posted in my GTA-LTL thread, this International day cab from Reimer was entering the westbound QEW
as a Cooney bulker went past. The International is a rare bird at Reimer; the city trucks are still Sterlings.

Unknown blue Volvo

A Cascadia from Travelers Transportation based in Brampton. Another carrier who has gone "aero"; they used to run W900's and FL classics.

I had enough of being blown around so left after that.
Hopefully we will get another chance this week but the long range weather forecast isn't promising.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
Re: Lunchtime at MY Overpass Updated with May 15 pictures.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
Cascades seems not recycling only paper but also trailers....... :D :D

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Lunchtime at MY Overpass Updated with May 15 pictures.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »