Author Topic: Hot Wheels Smokey & The Bandit KW W900A (Pics Added)  (Read 1956 times)

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
Hot Wheels Smokey & The Bandit KW W900A (Pics Added)
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:32:59 PM »
I read this today on HWC. It is the last case, so it should be available at the end of 2013. No Pics of it yet, and knowing Hot Wheels made it, it might not be 100% accurate based on the one in the film.  According to my knowledge it is the only mass produced Smokey and the Bandit KW. It will probably only be the truck though.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=1553
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:40:15 AM by Philatruck »
- Philatruck. Greetings From the Keystone State !

NHRS

• Regular Membership
Re: Hot Wheels Smokey & The Bandit 75 KW W900A!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »
We can at least hope. Hot Wheels can do good die-work when they wanta. Decades ago, they had a Packard town-car, & a Duesenburg that looked great.

Last several years, their stuff does for model vehicles compared to what they once did, like Norman Rockwell compared to the French Impressionalists in art. Makes you wish they'd just re-run the old stuff & forget about going new.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
Their all metal castings are not that bad, which the KW is going to be. Their plastic fantasy cars are junk though. Right now they are on case B/C so it might take a while until we seem (maybe around the holidays).  I picked up the trans-am a few weeks ago.

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
Hot Wheels have been an interest of mine for awhile, I actually collect them in addition to the model trucks. Most of the main line stuff is marketed toward kids so accuracy isn't a big deal, but the HW Collector series are a different story, so this Kenworth should be a good one 8)

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »
I disagree on the "not a big deal" for kids. Certainly in the interest of saving a LOT of extra work, the die makers hope & assume it's no big deal for kids, but obviously, little do they know.

I was a "little kid" all thru WW2,& the great stuff that was out just before that war totally dissappeared (pre-war Tootsey-Toy & Hubley had fantastic stuff). When you could actually just look at one of those, it was like admiring jewelry.

After the war, things got a lot better, but those companies never returned to the pre-war level. Closer, but sadly not quite.

Walk around trucks with a little kid who already loves trucks, &  listen real careful to what is said. They'll notice things you might not pick up on.

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
Oh believe me, I actually am like that as well. What I meant was that HW doesn't market their main line with a lot of detail because they think most kids don't know the difference. I was the opposite of that however ;) Being the car and truck person I am, I prefer things to be as authentic as possible.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:39:33 PM by Jon_G »

Catt

• Regular Membership
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »
A lot of the Hot Wheels/Matchbox stuff is pretty damn nice. Then again some of it is so bad that calling it awful doesn't do it justice.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
head instigator of the
 North American Rail Alliance
"WAGE PEACE"

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
That's what's so frustrating. They COULD do great work if they wanted to. Talent combined with don't give a s--- is a sad thing.

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:39:36 AM »
Here are some prototype pics I found online. Looks like it does not have I big hitch so I will doubt it will have a trailer, but in my opinion a large metal truck like this, is a welcomed addition.

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
Re: Hot Wheels Smokey & The Bandit KW W900A (Pics Added)
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »
Here is another pic of the truck. Looks Good. Might have to get several of them.

RobG

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »
Any idea when it is going to be released?

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Hi Rob, right now the Retro Entertainment (series the truck is going to be in)  is in mix 4/5, this truck is in mix 7. So I would say late this year early next year. But sometimes the problem is, is that stores might jump on next years products and may never get mix 7 in, but hopefully they do. I know thats been the case with Hot Wheels products in the previous years.

More pics of the truck, I am surprised it has a hole in the 5th wheel which makes me believe they might release a trailer later on for it.

Philatruck

• Watch For Trucks!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »
09/29/13 Update, the truck is now available online to purchase. I have not seen it in stores yet.

RobG

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »
I finally got a couple of them so I did a playing,unfortunately it is not a reefer but there is still a little bit I want to do yet so I might try change it.                     
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:27:39 AM by RobG »