If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Jeepers Creepers  (Read 3806 times)

TWP

• Regular Membership
Jeepers Creepers
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
This seems to fit here, with St. Theresa's Cemetery as the back-drop.
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Hank's Truck Forum

Jeepers Creepers
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

fitzyou

• Regular Membership
  • Laughter is good medicine!
Re: Jeepers Creepers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
Unique shot. Good plot for a movie.
Retired!

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
Absolutely! Shoot the ending 1st, in the condition's he's in, sitting near where many of the ones he loved & served are also resting.

Then do a frame-off restoration, brand-new off the assembly-line condition, & then start the story moving with their times together, when they were all young together, sacrificing & doing important jobs together. Got a great basis for a "Taking Chance" movie.

Mariners almost universally claim that ships have souls. I can't say that trucks do, anymore than I can say that trucks don't.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:10:59 PM »
Absolutely! Shoot the ending 1st, in the condition's he's in, sitting near where many of the ones he loved & served are also resting.

Then do a frame-off restoration, brand-new off the assembly-line condition, & then start the story moving with their times together, when they were all young together, sacrificing & doing important jobs together. Got a great basis for a "Taking Chance" movie.

Mariners almost universally claim that ships have souls. I can't say that trucks do, anymore than I can say that trucks don't.

I'd say it is we who give trucks souls.

"Taking Chance" is a fantastic movie, without a doubt.
Right-wing Old School.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »
I'd say it is we who give trucks souls.

I'd say you hit the nail on the head there, Doug! :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »
I loved a line Malcolm says in "Serenity" about spaceships, but it fits trucks just as well:

"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya when she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home".

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »
I've done some driver training and whenever said trainee has a less than ideal shift
I always lean forward, gently pat the top of the dash and say,
"There, there. It's OK, they are getting better all the time." to the truck.
Then, " Yes, I agree, the sooner the better."

It gets me some weird looks :o but it does get my point across. :D

Just like a woman, treat her right and, she'll treat you right.
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »
Absolutely!

Had a dear friend (God rest his soul) who was called home long before his time by our standards. Decades ago, late winter/early spring Nebraska, he loaded some contract grain for a Colorado feed yard, at a government bin-site out in the country, close to the shop my truck was in, so I rode along.

The frost came out of the ground that day, & trying to pull out after loading became an ordeal (tandem-axle bull-nose KW with rubber-bands to the tag). He was sad & ashamed of how hard he had to work that 262 until it finally got free, lamenting "I just took 10,000 miles off my truck today!"

When we got out on the pavement, he drove very slow, slowing adding a liitle more speed as all the caked mud peeled off the tires.

When you work very light power with a 5 & 3, with a 590 Turbo, it's like a musician playing a chorale prelude. As he'd let everything spool-down to split his boxes, lagging several seconds behind the motor would come the soft decay of the Turbo finally spooling down ("that sandy sound", he always called that 590 Turbo's whistle).

And, as he'd gently walk in some revs for the next split, she'd begin to whistle back up as he'd say, "That's okay, Baby! I know why you're crying. You deserve that today. You go ahead and cry".

We loved that so much, to this day I can't believe we actually got paid something to do those things.

cash flow

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »
I thought I was the only one who could carry on a conversation with whatever truck I was driving, particularly when things aren't going so well that she needs coaxing to get us out of this predicament, usually one I put us into.  Now I see that others did as well!

Dave

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs