If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: RETURN TO THE OVERPASS - AGAIN & YET AGAIN  (Read 13195 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: RETURN TO THE OVERPASS - AGAIN & YET AGAIN
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »
Here we are at the end of Wednesday's action
LAKESIDE - a trash hauler heading in for more trash to haul away. I can't find anything on this carrier. There is a Lakeside Disposal but it seems to be a cartage and yard cleaning company not someone running a big multi-axle trash scow behind a Western Star tractor.

LAIDLAW
This Pete was running in a clump of trucks but the auto focus feature on the camera didn't shoot until it was in the bush...lesson learned.

Kenworth Straight....with an expediter bunk.

SCOTLYNN
This is one that I wanted, and rushed the shot. :-[ The trailer graphics are likely advertising Scotlynn's produce wholesaling business.

HOG HAULER
A load of hogs headed to Hogtown. This Nature Transport (Burgessville ON) outfit has lots of chicken (hog?) lights so it must be a rolling lightshow at night.

I don't recognise the graphic on the trailer that this Volvo is hauling. I see they are "Striving For Excellence" though. We are all striving for excellence in modern corporate speak. (Maybe "Eagle Eyes" Danko can figure this one out.)

BINDERS by the BRACE. "Brace" is an old word for two things.
The International with the step deck leads a CLIPPER EXPRESS piggy back trailer. Since neither CN or CP hauls TOFC anymore, this trailer would be shuttled from Buffalo, Detroit or maybe even Chicago by road.

Thomson Transport

Transpro Freight Systems - not hauling any of their trailers with the graphics.

and that's about all......for now.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
Rob,the graffic on the trailer hauled by that blue Volvo says " Canadian Rockies Express".  IIRC,it's a Quebec based co. that does a lot of Quebec- BC work. I did load one of their trailer a couple of months ago,bounded for Atcheson Ab...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Rob,the graffic on the trailer hauled by that blue Volvo says " Canadian Rockies Express".  IIRC,it's a Quebec based co. that does a lot of Quebec- BC work. I did load one of their trailer a couple of months ago,bounded for Atcheson Ab...

Merci Pascal!
I thought that what it said but also thought that couldn't be it.
I'll Google that and see what it says.
 ;D

JJG

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
I like the look of the hog hauler Rob, the Laidlaw is another beauty.......great shots.

Jim

Ruffin51

• Regular Membership
    • CONTAINERIZATION
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »
A CCNI reefer is high on my list of things to photograph. I only see them on NS trains in Chicago while on-highway and am unable to photograph them.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
A CCNI reefer is high on my list of things to photograph. I only see them on NS trains in Chicago while on-highway and am unable to photograph them.

They were a common sight around here this past winter Charles. Chile was a major source of fresh fruits in our Supermarkets.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/bluejaysfan/Intermodal%20Pictures/005-2_zps4193c0de.jpg~original

pons

• Life is good
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
I like that Scotlynn's Produce Peterbilt.  I had to look them up and found a Facebook page with some nice trucks. They have a USA Division in Florida.
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."   Quote: Yogi Berra

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs