If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Big Rig Bounty Hunters  (Read 10334 times)

Jon_G

Re: Big Rig Bounty Hunters
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »
You gotta give them a bonus point for the driver who fear the UFOs, hide his semi in in a barn somewhere in Ohio and wrap his whole cab with aluminum foil.
Of course, they just had to set that in Ohio, makes the rest of us look bad! ;D

Seriously, cannot believe this is still on the air. I'm with Jan, I do like shows like American Pickers, because you can actually learn something, even if it is set up and scripted, but this show is just...... ::)

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
Entirely boring for me to watch TV truck oriented shows. Much rather watch a rerun of "Kelly's Heros".

Knew the very 1st year of "Ice Road" the writers didn't know as much about trucks as I did while still in junior high. Running equipment over frozen lakes that I'd have laughed at under palm trees only showed terminal ignorance.

The next year running the oil patch road up in the 'circle' was only slightly better. At least those guys had some wheelbase.

Then for the summer season, the same clowns went to down to the "Road of Death" or whatever, show the same old exagerated circus.

New-age spin on trucking didn't understand our reality 30 years ago when that spin got in place, & time hasn't done that attitude any favors.

The only accurate backgrounds writers do, for story-lines I've seen on TV, are in bars or lawyer offices. Evidently personal experience trumps wild guesses.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

Mister TyZo

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:23 AM »
New-age spin on trucking didn't understand our reality 30 years ago when that spin got in place, & time hasn't done that attitude any favors.

;) ;) ;)
Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 08:19:17 AM »
Also, don't be too quick in judging real OLD films concerning trucks with the new-age pity-me attitudes.

Wish I'd remembered the name, was only paying half attention even though it was pre WW2. Judging from what we now see, I didn't think the story-line would be worth while, but I wanted to see pre WW2 equipment when it was still brand new. Several truck-oriented films around from that era.

In this one, they got bogged down & stuck on the road, nobody around to help. No big deal, one guy pulled an outside dual off while the other took off ahead with their cable to find something firm to hook up to.

They then put her in a low gear & slowly winched themselves ahead to firm ground.

Ain't gonna see that with today's woe-is-me thing going on.

fitzyou

• Regular Membership
  • Laughter is good medicine!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »
Those guys should be working at Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey! Maybe they are History isn't pushing the show now. The Hugh show is about to return for another agonizing season with the return of the fantastic Lisa OMG
Retired!

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 04:19:17 AM »
When ICE ROAD TRUCKERS came out we couldn't get it up here in Canada. I had read about it here of course and even TruckNet UK!.
My daughter searched high and low and got me the DVD's for Christmas one year. I put them on and the level of disappointment I had was just amazing!
That Hugh guy made every stereotypical loud mouth a__hole trucker look true!
They couldn't run junk equipment like that in that environment. If a truck breaks down they just don't leave the driver to freeze to death.
The show producers were banned from the Ice Road after the first season was shown. The companies that run the roads and get the supplies delivered to the mines run a very safe and tight ship. Cowboys are quickly weeded out.
I enjoyed Cannonball and Movin On. They were dramas set around trucks.
They didn't pretend to be documentaries.
Rob.

Entirely boring for me to watch TV truck oriented shows. Much rather watch a rerun of "Kelly's Heros".
 The only accurate backgrounds writers do, for story-lines I've seen on TV, are in bars or lawyer offices. Evidently personal experience trumps wild guesses.

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 05:08:51 AM »
Very glad you folks banned them up there. Those clowns made us all look bad.

In "real" life in the "old days" the "Hugh's" soon got so much cold shoulder they found other employment they enjoyed more. Obviously a person who acts that way isn't happy with what he does, & it shows. Trucking is just as much an art as it is objective science. You'll seldom find a musician who hates music.

Also in the "old days", you'd occasionally find a "Hugh", that strangely, everybody tolerated. After watching that relationship for a length of time, you'd realize that sorry-a__ attitude was only his cafe-act, & in real life, that person had a heart of gold. Whenever a situation arose that exposed real attitudes, he'd be the 1st to respond.

And, dire-enviromental conditions ain't the place for cutie-pie attitudes. That doesn't even work out very good under palm trees.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »
When ICE ROAD TRUCKERS came out we couldn't get it up here in Canada. I had read about it here of course and even TruckNet UK!.
My daughter searched high and low and got me the DVD's for Christmas one year. I put them on and the level of disappointment I had was just amazing!
That Hugh guy made every stereotypical loud mouth a__hole trucker look true!
They couldn't run junk equipment like that in that environment. If a truck breaks down they just don't leave the driver to freeze to death.
The show producers were banned from the Ice Road after the first season was shown. The companies that run the roads and get the supplies delivered to the mines run a very safe and tight ship. Cowboys are quickly weeded out.
I enjoyed Cannonball and Movin On. They were dramas set around trucks.
They didn't pretend to be documentaries.
Rob.

The production of Ice Road Truckers was actually banned from a location more than once, If you actually look at the first two seasons of Ice Road Truckers and really pay attention to where both seasons were filmed and compare them to where the other seasons of the show were filmed, There was never a repeating season at the location where the first two seasons were filmed at, Unlike the rest of the locations that rest of the seasons of the show were filmed at, I use to follow one of the drivers that was on the show on you tube (Dave Redmon) and he told all of how bad the show was actually edited on what viewers saw, Even though I do see there' alot of viewers that do watch the show don't care for Hugh Rowland, He did write and release a book on how edited the show was and gave us a little bit of picture of the reality of it, It's actually quite and interesting read, Hugh was one of the main stars of the show for nine seasons in a row, I was told Hugh got done with the show after the ninth season of the show, After one of the film cars from production company hit his truck right head on, When they were filming the sixth season of the show, Hugh decided to get done with the show after the ninth season of the show to take legal action against the production company of the show after suffering some injuries when one of the production company filming cars hit his truck head on while they were filming the sixth season of the show, I remember two other drivers by the names of Rick Yemm and Greg Boadwine that were both also on the show that both also went pretty viral about how bad the show was edited, Dave actually mentioned that after Sixth season, The show was suppose to be canceled, But, some how was brought back for a seventh season, after the fourth season was filmed the bosses and directors of Carlile all apologized to their employee's and all had a meeting and the production company of Ice Road Truckers wasn't suppose to be back, Also, Hugh Rowland and Alex Debogroski, Which at the time were two of the original cast members of the show starting with the first season of the show, weren't the cleanest drivers in the fleet, There were always complaints from the regular Carlile drivers of how dirty the trucks were that ended up the trucks Hugh and Alex drove during the summer time when the production company of Ice Road Truckers was gone, Eventually Carlile worked out some deals with the production company of Ice Road Truckers and that bought the production company of Ice Road Truckers two more seasons for the show, The deal was Hugh Rowland and Alex Debogroski were not suppose to return for a fifth season driving a Carlile Truck for the show, No actual Carlie Drivers were to be edited to look bad on the show for viewers to see, That's where out side drivers like Art Burke, Dave Redmon, Maya Sieber and Pork Chop were brought in, They were out side drivers and they could edit those drivers to look bad all they wanted to, Hugh and Alex were also sent back to Canada, Rick Yemm from the first two seasons returned as a regular cast member to the show, Eventually after the sixth season, Carlile no longer wanted the production company of Ice Road Truckers back to film in their trucks for the tv series and the production company moved to Canada  where they currently filming right now
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »
In general, IRT wasn't that great of a show. There was the abuse of amplifying the tense moments like as if there will be an accident. This is supported by the frequently mentions of CGI of ice cracking and trucks crashing because of road conditions, etc. The narrator was annoying too. Granted, there were times that the characters were involved in accidents like approaching a blind corner and puncturing through ice. In general, IRT had a flawed strategy to engage the audience through suspense. I appreciate how the IRT showed the various moments when trucking becomes slightly unconventional like truck pushing and wrenching one's truck out by it self with a tree. The latter I mentioned was, IMO, an important lesson to be learned where survival depends on your strong wits in thinking outside the box. IRT does one thing well and that's by introducing, well basically the substance of Ice Road Trucking. Realistically speaking, it's not pretty up north and makes even the toughest men/women break down psychologically. You can see the real fear not found in 99.9% of other truckers.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
I think I preferred Big Rig Bounty Hunters over Ice Road Truckers, just due to fact knowingly how edited Ice Road Truckers is, I use to really like Ice Road Truckers at one point, Especially when the first two seasons of the show aired, I actually got bored when the third season of the show aired, I did however enjoy enjoy from the fourth season to the eighth season of the show, Even I did enjoy the show all the seasons after the second season, I knew about how highly edited the show was, Now, It's just boring and It's just always the same old thing every season when you watch the show, There's always usually a few new faces on the show every season and it's usually someone that's a rookie, With the exception during the third season of the show and the show's latest season, someone's always going to get edited to get fired and it's usually at the end of the season, There's also always going to be that one person that in a season that's going to quit before the Ice Road Season is over, Someone will also always end up in the ditch before the Ice Road Season ends and there's usually someone whose always driving some old total junker truck during an Ice Road Season, The only real main reason why I watch it now is because, Usually when it does air there's nothing else to watch during that time of year it does air and I just really view it for the trucks, The show was actually also suppose to be canceled after the sixth season already, But, Was some how brought back for a seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth season, Now, the show was suppose to be canceled one more time around last year, But, some what they were able to bring it back and go film an eleventh season, I Highly doubt after Season eleven airs, It will be brought back for another season twelve, But, That's just my personal opinion, Now, American Loggers on other hand, I live in Maine and know those people personally, Rudy had told me, That when the production crew first approached them to see if they'd do American Loggers, Rudy had told me that he to the production crew, If they were to come film the show with them, It was going to filmed as it was, If they started editing the show to start drama to push for ratings for viewers to see, They'd be gone
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs