If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: ID these oldies!  (Read 3055 times)

ChrisBigDoer

• Regular Membership
    • Chris and Connie - off the beaten path
ID these oldies!
« on: January 14, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
Some of you may recall the earlier post I did on old trucks of the Crowsnest Pass. Here is an update and by going around the back of one yard (a trudge through the snow) I was able to catch glimpses of a few more trucks deep inside that I did not see before. Some were obscured by other junk, but I manged to get a few OK shots - hopefully with enough detail that they can be identified. I am trying to arrange permission to enter the yard this summer.

Experts chime in - can anyone ID these? Larger pics can be posted if needed.

Chris “BIGDoer”

Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path.
Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration
http://www.bigdoer.com

Hank's Truck Forum

ID these oldies!
« on: January 14, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

coloradogreen

• 10-4 Magazine
Re: ID these oldies!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
First photo the closest cab (with the three cab lights) is International, or at least an International cab, as many manufacturers used their cab on different trucks.

Second photo is a Diamond T. At first I thought it was a Mack by the shape of the cab, however, the hood-sides, with the chrome trim are a give-away.

Third and final photos are both Diamond T's, late '30s into the '40s...

The other two cabs in the first photo I'll have to think about, very little to go by...

Troy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:57:23 AM by coloradogreen »
Your friendly neighborhood vegan heavy haul punk.

"Suzie-Q"

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

Contributor 10-4 Magazine

Mister TyZo

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
Some of you may recall the earlier post I did on old trucks of the Crowsnest Pass. Here is an update and by going around the back of one yard (a trudge through the snow) I was able to catch glimpses of a few more trucks deep inside that I did not see before. Some were obscured by other junk, but I manged to get a few OK shots - hopefully with enough detail that they can be identified. I am trying to arrange permission to enter the yard this summer.

Experts chime in - can anyone ID these? Larger pics can be posted if needed.

;)  I'd say International facing , but the backside other 2 I'd say are late 40's Ford F100...???

Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

gshafer

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
Coloradogreen is correct about the International cab in the first picture but on closer examination I believe it is a Diamond T beause of the chrome strip just below the window and the hood orniment.  Diamond T of that era (50's) used that Internatonal cab on their smaller models.

ChrisBigDoer

• Regular Membership
    • Chris and Connie - off the beaten path
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »
I guess it makes sense that many of those seen here are Diamond Ts. There are more trucks from this maker in the same yard that were IDed in an earlier post I did (thanks to the experts BTW).

Were Diamond Ts ever that popular in Canada? Outside of this yard, I have never seen a single one in person. 

Chris “BIGDoer”

Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path.
Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration
http://www.bigdoer.com

JJG

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:59:52 AM »
Those 2 cabs on the end in the first photo are definitely not F 100, Ford cabs, the back of the Ford had a distinctive "big window" mould line around (much larger then) the back  window that wrapped around the cab. I am leaning toward Studebaker cabs of 49-53. I'm a bit thrown by the lack of vent windows in the cabs but they may have been removed, I can't think of a cab without them till the Chevy of that vintage but it is clearly not a Chevy either.

It has the look of a Nash pickup too in some ways but those are very rare!

Diamond T's were seen around in Canada, not an big numbers but they did have a presence.

Jim.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:06:02 AM by JJG »

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
Coloradogreen is correct about the International cab in the first picture but on closer examination I believe it is a Diamond T beause of the chrome strip just below the window and the hood orniment.  Diamond T of that era (50's) used that Internatonal cab on their smaller models.

Diamond T used the International "Comfo-Vision" cab on all of their trucks from 1949 - 1950 until their purchase by White Motor. Then they used the Autocar Driver Cab for all of their heavier trucks and re-badged Reos for their smaller units.
Right-wing Old School.

TXRedlined

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:56 PM »
Those 2 cabs on the end in the first photo are definitely not F 100, Ford cabs, the back of the Ford had a distinctive "big window" mould line around (much larger then) the back  window that wrapped around the cab. I am leaning toward Studebaker cabs of 49-53. I'm a bit thrown by the lack of vent windows in the cabs but they may have been removed, I can't think of a cab without them till the Chevy of that vintage but it is clearly not a Chevy either.

It has the look of a Nash pickup too in some ways but those are very rare!

Diamond T's were seen around in Canada, not an big numbers but they did have a presence.

Jim.

I belive JJG is correct, those other two are early Studebakers.  Looks like some nice old restorable iron in that lot.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:56 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs