If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Vernal, UT  (Read 935 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Vernal, UT
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this last week, I took one load of salt up to Vernal each day. I quite enjoy getting out that far from home, it's especially nice only having to load once a day. However, running from Ogden to Vernal with 129,000 pounds on, you feel like all you do is go up and down hills...very little level ground in that stretch. One of those days, when I got back from Vernal, there was an emergency and I had to take a load down to Mills, UT as well, that was a day that made me feel like I was back over-the-road again, haha. They'll make me glad I did it though, when I get my paycheck. In fact, I've been running so hard to keep up with these salt contracts, in a month and a half, I've completely paid for the Caribbean cruise that I booked for my honeymoon, haha. Been pretty nice, considering I planned on being laid off for the winter. It hasn't been fun work though (other than the driving), we've been dealing with sub-zero temperatures and incredibly dirty trucks. I can't ever find time to get in the shop or give the truck a bath because I leave so early, get back so late, and it's been so cold, I'm scared the truck will freeze! I've got three lights out, a spring hanger that needs replaced, two tires that need replaced, and I'm due for a half service, so I told the boss man that after Monday, I need to take it easy to get these things taken care of before the truck rusts away, haha. Sure hope it slows down enough that I can get some fun things done that I planned on this winter, I was told we'll get a break soon...we'll see! ;)

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Vernal, UT
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »