If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Beck Street Ready Mix  (Read 1083 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Beck Street Ready Mix
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »
Well, I worked two days last week hauling sand to the Staker/Parson batch plant at the north end of Salt Lake City. Beck Street is a regular haul year-round with a set group of drivers with newer, reliable trucks...one of our best paying contracts. Only top seniority drivers get to haul there on a regular basis, the position was offered to me when I came back to hauling dirt, but in the summer time, you've gotta get up at three in the morning six or seven days a week and that's not for me, haha. Well, in the winter time, they don't start quite as early, so I agreed to fill in for some extra cash (I counted on being mostly laid off for the winter). They need me right now because one of the regular drivers DID take the winter off and another quit. It's not a bad run if you get put on sand, because that comes from Brigham City...four loads a day, typically. You load the sand under the load-out hopper, it dumps in each trailer while you sit on the scale, then prints you a ticket... good to go. Then you dump it on a trap with a conveyor belt that pivots towards four different bins with four different materials (point it to number three for sand, haha). Pretty easy on the driver and the equipment.

One shot of a truck on the freeway.

No, these guys didn't haul those big loads in from the gravel pits, haha. Sometimes, the plant is mixing faster than we can bring loads, so they load these off the ground from the stockpiles and bring it to the trap to fill the bins for the plant. One big load of rock and one big load of sand.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Beck Street Ready Mix
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Beck Street Ready Mix
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
Very interesting pics! Getting up at three in the morning six or seven days a week sounds like fun, I have to tell ya... ::) :-\ :o But, glad you enjoy some winter Beck Street'ing! ;)

Very cool catch on that Van Kampen 389, btw! Unless they have several that look the same, I have caught that particular one, too. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »
Thanks, I was hoping for a better, more clear, full picture of that one, but I was just on the on-ramp, leaving the Perry port of entry, so thought I'd be careful with my picture taking, haha.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs