If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Author Topic: wooster express hartford ct.  (Read 1423 times)

ropb38

wooster express hartford ct.
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »
terminal was on route 5 in east hartford ct  green macks cab overs a few whites ran ne phil jersey area

Hank's Truck Forum

wooster express hartford ct.
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »

homeplate51

• Regular Membership
Re: wooster express hartford ct.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
worked for wooster in the mid 70's, when they went out I went to work for Mashkin, was TM at Wooster in South Windsor, CT by the time I was 23, at Mashkin I was Operations Manager, when they went out I went to work for a nationwide company with their own fleet - those were the days - going to school I spared on the docks for Hemingway, Schusters, Yellow, McLeans, Roadway, Eastern, Lombard, St. Johnsbury, Consolidated, and a bunch more - one school year (1970 I think) I had W-2's from 17 different trucking companies, and 14 of the same ones the following year - it was a good business before deregulation came along and ruined the small operator and left us with just the mega shippers.  Mashkin was headquarted in East Hartford, had a union list of about 350 drivers and about 20 owner operators. The O/E's mostly ran to Kraft in Allentown and back to Hartford.  Also had a small drop yard in Kearny, NJ, but only employee there was a yard jockey with an Ottowa.  Also had a yard jockey at Kraft, and at First National Grocers in Windsor Locks, CT.  Mashkin was quite a sight any morning with hundres of reigs running down the street towarsds the highways, ran a little LTL but 90% was truckload.  The family operations were the best, you were family and stuck up for each other.

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: wooster express hartford ct.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »