Author Topic: Mack "F" Model Truck Pictures?  (Read 3429 times)

Tony Trout

• Regular Membership
    • Tony's Place
Mack "F" Model Truck Pictures?
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »
Is there anyone on here who can post some old Mack "F" model trucks.....mainly from the late 60s - late 1970s??  My late father was a truck driver and I loved the old white Mack "F" Model he drove.  He passed away while actually driving in New York, New York on February 5, 1980 - and my life has never been the same because I was only three years old and never got to spend much time with him.  :( 

But.....if anyone would care to post some pics of these old trucks (sleeper included), I would appreciate it. 

Thanks,
Tony Trout

Ray F

Re: Mack "F" Model Truck Pictures?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »
My Only F Model Pic I Have at the Moment

Is This Mack F Model That I seen at The Buck Motorsports Park Truck show in August 09  8)

I'll Try to Post a Few More as I Find My Other Pics  ;D

eymurphey

• When we see what we want to see, and hear what we
    • "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
This was taken at The Endless Mountain Truck Show, Harford, Pa. 9/5/10

"I'M LIKING TRUCKS"  ---- http://georgedennis.blogspot.com/

" We shall learn more & more about less & less until we know everything about nothing"

Rick Sousa

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
Here you go Tony one from my area (New England) that has been recently restored.                                                    

charlie

• Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
One from a recent show in Lititz PA.

Truck608

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
Hi Tony,
Here are a few F-900's that both my Dad and I drove when we worked for Certified Industries in NYC.  The company bought 45 1973 F-900's.  Sorry no sleepers on these trucks.  They went back to the yard after their days work.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  I am still in search of any of these trucks.  They were supposedly shipped to Nicaragua.
John

This is the truck my Dad drove.  Picture was taken when delivered to the yard.

This was mine.  A few of the trucks came through with the stripes on the barrel but were later changed to polka-dots.

Tony Trout

• Regular Membership
    • Tony's Place
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
Guys,

Thank you SO much for the pics of the Mack "F" trucks!  They sure bring back bittersweet memories for me.  :)

Due to being disabled since birth with Cerebral Palsy, I'm not a driver and have never drove a big rig but seeing these pictures is awesome enough.  I loved my Dad's white F Mack that he drove and looked forward to every trip we would take to Gainesville, GA to load the truck.  I loved seeing that big baby sitting there with those engines humming and the smoke coming out of those stacks and the smell of the diesel and when my Dad would lift me up into the truck and Mom would get me and put me in her lap, I felt like I was in Heaven looking over at that classic Mack steering wheel and the shifter and ALL THOSE BUTTONS I WANTED TO PUSH but knew I couldn't - LOL!!  I haven't seen the inside of one of those old Macks in YEARS.... *hint*...if anybody has any detailed pics of the insides of these good ol' "F" model Macks, would they please post them?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:43:03 AM by Tony Trout »

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
Hello Tony. I found an awesome web site that has a whole bunch of scanned Mack brochures including three for the F Model. It is at http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/mack/

It was great to see all those again. Like you I love the F Model. The R is my favourite truck of all time and the F is basically the cab over version of it.

Tony Trout

• Regular Membership
    • Tony's Place
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
Thanks for the link, Paystar!  This is one AWESOME forum!!

charlie

• Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »

Isn't it though? ??? ;D No matter the subject or time of day usually someone has an answer pretty quick. :)

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »

Isn't it though? ??? ;D No matter the subject or time of day usually someone has an answer pretty quick. :)

It sure is. Feeds my sick truck addiction, lol. I hope they never change it, it is even kind to my dial-up connection (no other choice in my area.) >:( :'(

dalejrfan

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Here you go Tony one from my area (New England) that has been recently restored.                                                    
This looks like Day&Ross colors

Tony Trout

• Regular Membership
    • Tony's Place
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
This looks like Day&Ross colors

If that particular truck was painted entirely white with Turpin Trucking (out of Hiawassee, Georgia at the time), it would match what my Dad's truck looked like.  I have a photo of the truck (and reefer trailer) but I ain't figured out how my new printer/scanner/copier works yet or I would post a picture.

Brockway

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »
I took this image in Amsterdam a few years ago. I believe this "aerodyne" model was for export only.

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!

johnh

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Kiwi eight wheeler, one of around 6 or so this company had here in the 70's, flat decks towing 4 axle trailers.