If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Jamie Davis Western Star  (Read 30165 times)

Hanky

Jamie Davis Western Star
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but there was a truck pulling in so I rushed, this Star may be seen on the TV show latter in the season.

Hanky

Hank's Truck Forum

Jamie Davis Western Star
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

fitzyou

• Regular Membership
  • Laughter is good medicine!
Re: Jamie Davis Western Star
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
Nice looking Star>
Retired!

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
Which tv show would that be?

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

tranquileman

• Hidden Mountain Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
Which tv show would that be?

Jan.

Oh my, Jan, where have you been!? It's only the most popular show on the Discovery channel right now... and it's about my neck of the woods!

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=62921.msg534278#msg534278

But don't feel bad, I still haven't seen it since we don't watch TV. Last time I checked, which admittedly was a while ago, it wasn't available on-line yet. YMMV... ;D
......If your going to be different, try not to be thin skinned.....

I hope they never find a cure for Eleutheromania

tranquileman

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »
Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but there was a truck pulling in so I rushed, this Star may be seen on the TV show latter in the season.

Hanky

Oh and great shot of their WS Hanky.

Here's a shot of their Pierce rescue truck, since I don't have a clue where else to put it!

I took it last summer when it was at the same shop we get our trucks serviced at...

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »
Oh my, Jan, where have you been!? It's only the most popular show on the Discovery channel right now... and it's about my neck of the woods!

:D

I've been in Norway... where we don't get programs like these. We do get Ice Road Truckers, that's about it, and I don't watch that...  :) I don't believe I'll be able to watch any of it online, either, as they'll only allow people with an American IP address (or something) to watch their stuff if it's an American channel... :-\

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

tranquileman

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »

:D

I've been in Norway... where we don't get programs like these. We do get Ice Road Truckers, that's about it, and I don't watch that...  :) I don't believe I'll be able to watch any of it online, either, as they'll only allow people with an American IP address (or something) to watch their stuff if it's an American channel... :-\

Jan.

Well that's no good! You need 3 ISP's like we have, two in Canada and one from the US, so when they try to block us on one, we just switch to the other... ;D Watching things online is getting more and more difficult too, what with all of the copyright freeking out going on.  >:(

CoeJustin362

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
I think it only plays in canada because I have never seen anything about it on discovery.

ric_no_k

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:34:58 PM »

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
^ I was just about to say to go on the Canadian Video player of Discovery Channel. For those who are not familiar with that Video player to find the show you want to watch you go to Library, scroll down to the show you want, click on it and in the adjacent column there will be a list of episodes from newest to oldest. I don't get Discovery with my TV so I usually watch my favourite shows like Gold Rush, Mayday, How it's Made, and so forth on the video player. The only problem is sometimes the episodes are deleted so it's best to watch them when they first appear.
Great shots guys of the Jamie Davis Fleet. I really like their livery, it really goes well and makes the rigs look tip top!
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

JJG

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
Cool Shot Hanky, I will be watching for that one to come in this season. It would be cool if they would re-paint the old Star tow truck that old Bruce drives!! What  a classic!

Jim.

Hanky

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
I thought that Bruce drove a Green KW, which is the color of Aggresive towing which is owned by Jamie's brother Jason. Jamie has a 3 year deal with the TV crew for showes and we are at the start of year 2 now.

Hanky

JJG

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
Oh you're right Hanky, it is the former Aggressive truck Bruce operates, Jamie's cousin right? But I guess the old late 70's very early 80's Star I'm thinking about is a white with blue one and maybe that is the one Jamie operated while waiting for the rotator.

Jim.

I thought that Bruce drove a Green KW, which is the color of Aggresive towing which is owned by Jamie's brother Jason. Jamie has a 3 year deal with the TV crew for showes and we are at the start of year 2 now.

Hanky

Hanky

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
This morning up at the Sandman, I found Jamie's pride and joy sitting there waiting for there KW to show up.  There is a ore hauler in the weeds just below the Copper mine, so they are waiting for flaggers and more pulling power.  This Star has seen some work over the last year see a little tin not really straight on the right rear, I guess ;) it is making money.

Hanky

ric_no_k

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
not really straight on the right rear

Looks to me like a tire chain was loose. Then again I am a desk jockey

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs