If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: RANDOMS FROM WASHINGTON from Nighthawk USA port of entry  (Read 4852 times)

RobG

Re: RANDOMS FROM WASHINGTON from Nighthawk USA port of entry
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »
That is a cool picture of the Van Laar Peterbilt in the curve.When we where down there a couple years ago I came across a farm with a bunch of cool old trucks ,it was between the border and Lynden.You may remember me posting the pictures.It was right at the junction where you would head towards the Sumas crossing or Aldergrove.Did you happen to notice that place or maybe all the trucks are gone?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
Overall, some really cool stuff, especially the varied "oldies"!
Also dig the black and yellow W900 in the KW trio, very nice rig in a color combo not often seen. 8)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:09 PM »
That is a cool picture of the Van Laar Peterbilt in the curve.When we where down there a couple years ago I came across a farm with a bunch of cool old trucks ,it was between the border and Lynden.You may remember me posting the pictures.It was right at the junction where you would head towards the Sumas crossing or Aldergrove.Did you happen to notice that place or maybe all the trucks are gone?

Rob, I did not see any oldies on the Sumas side but found that one I posted earlier here on the Lynden side. I thought your catches were more standard type trucks IRRC whereas these are primarily big off road? He did have some interesting cabs and some that I couldn't see from the weeds.

Jim.

JJG

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:55 PM »
Only a few shots left from this trip, could have finished last night I guess but here is a Western Star SB on Hwy 9

and then this one in between also SB, he only had the lead of a B-train in tow

then in Sumas, this little 80's Ford F600

sitting in a back lot, this cool 58-59 Chevy looks solid as a rock!

Cascadia mid roof tanker just the inside USA, not sure if he is going up or coming down

BONUS SHOT:

Still in service, this old Chevy lives a hard life but keeps on giving!

I like WA, these guys keep cool stuff beyond time :)

Back across the border, end of that chapter, hope you enjoyed.

Jim.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:22:23 PM by JJG »

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
Nice Series
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

JJG

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »
There was one more I was wanting to add, this was between Lynden and Everson. We just stopped dead in our tracks when seeing this cool scene, just amazing, not even sure if this batch plant is in operation but the truck is sitting under the funnel!!

Now it's done!

Jim

Mackinac359

• Red Oval obsessed for over 35 years!
    • Tims Trucks - The Obsession
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 01:53:01 AM »
The old Peterbilt 349 mixer looks like it's been waiting for a load for a while!

Tim

JJG

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »
The old Peterbilt 349 mixer looks like it's been waiting for a load for a while!

Tim

Yeah, looks that way! Thanks for identifying the Pete, I didn't want to ventures a guess on that one, would that be a 60's or 70's?

Jim

Mackinac359

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 01:47:41 AM »
349 debuted in the the early 80s and the last ones built were titled as '87.

Tim

Tim

Yeah, looks that way! Thanks for identifying the Pete, I didn't want to ventures a guess on that one, would that be a 60's or 70's?

Jim

Jon_G

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »

That Cascadia tanker with what appears to be SMT on the cab door looks like it may be a former Kings County Truck Lines tractor, which is odd as KCTL was bought out by Ruan Transport around 2005 or 2006, with the Cascadia launching in 2007, so perhaps an early test unit of some kind as the livery is identical.

Jon

JJG

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »

That Cascadia tanker with what appears to be SMT on the cab door looks like it may be a former Kings County Truck Lines tractor, which is odd as KCTL was bought out by Ruan Transport around 2005 or 2006, with the Cascadia launching in 2007, so perhaps an early test unit of some kind as the livery is identical.

Jon

I thought so too Jon, when I took the shot, King County was on my mind, when I looked at the name on the door, I just figured I was wrong.....and not seeing a KCTL in years -not realizing they were gone- I just thought maybe that was an ex tractor.

Jim.

RobG

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »

Rob, I did not see any oldies on the Sumas side but found that one I posted earlier here on the Lynden side. I thought your catches were more standard type trucks IRRC whereas these are primarily big off road? He did have some interesting cabs and some that I couldn't see from the weeds.

Jim.
                 The trucks I came across were highway trucks.There was a couple cabovers,a 1959 Pete dump truck,a couple mid 60s Petes,a Diamond Reo and a few others.They were right beside the highway and easy to see so maybe they are gone now.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
Nice Series
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

JJG

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:24 AM »
We took a ride into WA today with friends, not driving I was limited to photo taking but here is what we got, a Peterbilt 367 378 SBFA thanks to Tim from Lynden Door taken in Lynden

along with a Cascacdia headed back into Canada

then, onto to Sumas WA to returrn to Canada, the awesome find!  Years ago Rob G mentioned a bunch of old trucks in Sumas, this is what he must have meant, a quick point and shoot, from cabovers to vintage conventionals,

a Kenworth K100 out to pasture

Kenworth W900 in the line up

quick round up of 3 classics

able to focus in the awesome KW Bullnose

a beautiful needlenose Peterbilt in the Lynden Transfer colour

now that I know where they are, I hope to get back there on my own so I can find out what other cool trucks are on site

heading up WA HWY 9 North to Abbotsford, a KW greets us

that was it for our little rounder today

Jim.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:08:19 PM by JJG »

Mackinac359

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 07:01:52 AM »
This one is a 378 set-back front axle.   The older style grille is visible (thinner wrap around compared to 367).  Note the location of the headlamps on the 378 (and 357) hood appear to be further aft of the grille than on the 367.  The 367 having a deeper surround appears to pull the lamps forward.

For comparison, here is a 367

367's grille cleaned up some of the odd lines of the 378/357 SBFA grille.   Of all of the 2008+ traditional style grilles, the 367 looks the best.  The 389's grille shell is cluttered with fasteners (done to enhance the look of a traditional grille shell) which disrupt the look.   

Tim
Tim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 07:01:52 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs