If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, PA  (Read 2638 times)

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, PA
« on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
Does anyone know what became of them?
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Hank's Truck Forum

Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, PA
« on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Re: Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, PA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
I believe they were bought by Greatwide, their trucks started sporting the logo.  A short time later they kind of disappeared.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
I came across this shot taken 11/10/07.  The tractor actually sports three names, Greatwide\Dallas and Mavis and MTI.  This was taken when Hank came to Pittsburgh for a week and I took him around the Youngstown and western PA area on Saturday.  I can't believe that was over five years ago already.

Chris_E

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
2007 seems just like it was yesterday.  It was a pretty good year for me, as I remember it. :P  Can't say I recognize this fleet, but the logo looks familiar.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
From the Grove City Historical Society.

Blaine LaVelle Hovis Sr. founded Hovis Trucking Co. in 1952.
Note:
Blaine Hovis was born Aug. 9, 1924, in Pearl, Venango County. During WW II, he served in the Air Force in the European theatre from 1944-46, flying 33 missions across Nazi-occupied Europe and Germany.
In 1952 Hovis established the Hovis Trucking Company.
On July 1, 1971 Hovis incorporated and became Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, with Blaine Hovis as President and Priscilla Perna as Secretary.
Hovis was involved in community activities including the Grove City United Community Hospital, the Grove City Industrial Development Board, the Grove City Chamber of Commerce Board, and Grove City School Board,
Upon Blaine Hovis retirement, the management of the company was assumed by his daughter Priscella and her husband Lou Perna.
The business continued to operate until 2009.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:29 AM »
I took the following pic something  in  2003 around Sherbrooke Qc. It was the first and last time I have seen a truck from this company. I did't know what MTI was for until Paul Kane gave me the information early this year.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »
  Excuse me, my memory have played a trick on me again, this pic was taken in February of 2001.

carterbeauford

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »
From the Grove City Historical Society.

Blaine LaVelle Hovis Sr. founded Hovis Trucking Co. in 1952.
Note:
Blaine Hovis was born Aug. 9, 1924, in Pearl, Venango County. During WW II, he served in the Air Force in the European theatre from 1944-46, flying 33 missions across Nazi-occupied Europe and Germany.
In 1952 Hovis established the Hovis Trucking Company.
On July 1, 1971 Hovis incorporated and became Milk Transport Inc., Grove City, with Blaine Hovis as President and Priscilla Perna as Secretary.
Hovis was involved in community activities including the Grove City United Community Hospital, the Grove City Industrial Development Board, the Grove City Chamber of Commerce Board, and Grove City School Board,
Upon Blaine Hovis retirement, the management of the company was assumed by his daughter Priscella and her husband Lou Perna.
The business continued to operate until 2009.

I am surprised to find this discussion. Blaine Hovis was my grandfather. That business was in our family nearly my entire life. My dad worked there his entire life. I am not comfortable sharing the details publicly of what happened. One of the persons mentioned in the above quote stole money, a lot of money, and it wasn't my grandfather. We would not have made it through the economic downturn of 2009, it had to happen sooner or later.

I work for Pitt Ohio now and hope to make enough to one day start the business back up. It is something I carry with me every day. I will post more pictures when I have time.

I going to guess this is around 1975 based on the Chevy truck in the background.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 08:46:49 PM by carterbeauford »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »