Author Topic: Truckfest Scotland 2012 - Billy Bowie Special Projects  (Read 629 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Truckfest Scotland 2012 - Billy Bowie Special Projects
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
Interesting tanker fleet based in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. I bet this is the only British company to have not only one, but two Iveco Strators... and as if that wasn't enough, they also have two Ford F-650 crew cab pickups - probably almost as rare in Britain as a Strator. :)

http://www.billybowietankers.co.uk/

Here's both Strators and their 20th anniversary Volvo, which debuted at Truckfest last year.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/norseman77/Truckfest%20Scotland%202012/DSC_5343-1.jpg

Some more shots of the black duo only.

Here are a few shots of the black Strator.

And here's the yellow Strator, which was the first one they got. Notice this one has skirts, and also the hood seems to be a bit lower. There's at least a bigger grille on the black one.

Both Strators again.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/norseman77/Truckfest%20Scotland%202012/DSC_6407.jpg

A few more shots of the Volvo FH540 Globetrotter XL 20th anniversary truck.

An old Scammell with a very odd looking cab that I believe was designed by an Italian designer, though I can't recall neither what the truck's designation was nor the name of the designer.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/norseman77/Truckfest%20Scotland%202012/DSC_6411.jpg

The old Ford D-series that apparently was how it all started, parked next to one of the two F-650s the company has.

And the second F-650.

Scania P-series 8x2 vacuum tanker.

I apparently just got this one shot of this Iveco Stralis 310 vacuum tanker.

Ending with another lineup shot.

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

Lone Wolf

Re: Truckfest Scotland 2012 - Billy Bowie Special Projects
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
Hi Jan,

the Scammell appears to be a "Routeman" model. Scammell had a contract with Michelotti who designed the cabs that were made from fiberglass.

I see a lot of familiar names from the last year's show. Was this year bigger and better?

Matti
I couldn't repair your brakes so
I made your horn louder.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:57 AM »
Yes! Routeman and Michelotti, I remember now! Thanks for the info, Matti.

There are always a lot of familiar names at Truckfest Scotland, which is a good thing, as most of those familiar names are ones I really look forward to seeing again. :) I think this year's show had a few more trucks than last year, although it is difficult to say, really. They used an extra area this year that was used for caravans last year, but in addition, some smaller areas here and there around the showgrounds were fenced off because they were too wet (apparently Scotland's had a lot of rain lately) so if the total area that actually had trucks on it was larger than last year I can't really say. Neither did I think to do even the most basic truck count, either. But after looking through my pics, I would say maybe as many as 400, maybe even more. I posted 315 pics on Facebook, and several of those were lineup shots, so...

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:46 AM »
I like those 2 Strators.  Although I normally go for the cleaner skirted look, I do like the way the black Strator looks.  And that FH540 is darn sharp!  Good info on that Scammel!   Neat story.  Finally, on that P-Series Vacuum tanker it just amazes me how  much bigger the Windshield seems on the MB Econics compared to the competition!  I don't know if it helps visibility though.  The mirrors on the P probably allow you to see a lot. 

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:49:43 AM »
I like a lot those Iveco Strators and  yours pics give us a good view of them. I like too this old Scammel.