If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Vacation shots (updated 8-18-19)  (Read 15796 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Vacation shots (updated 8-15-19)
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »
I've never been a golf fan but it's hard not to root for a good comeback story. Even if it was just once it felt good to see Tiger at the top of the mountain again. Nice find on the CN golf special too Rob, IIRC BNSF runs one too but typically not with historical power like NS/CN.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »
Here's a set of rando's from the Columbia-Roanoke trip:

We start with an Aeromax lease operator for Reliable. Talked to the driver for a bit, he's planning on retiring in the next year or so so who knows how much longer this beauty will be around. Shot this in South Carolina somewhere.

Next an Int'l 9800 for Keels 'N Wheels Transport of Merritt Island, FL. Shot this somewhere in SC too:

This White 9000 for Southeastern FL can be seen at their HQ just south of Columbia. If you're ever in the area and go to check it out I highly recommend checking in at the front desk and getting a guest pass as I did. The guy working the front desk said one of their maintenance shops found this and restored it as a gift to their owner, he said it runs too although obviously it's fenced in so it's not going anywhere. There's also a fully restored Mack B-67 in the lobby too.

And I'll finish with a pair of fire trucks. This is a 2018 Smeal Sirius, 1500/750. Runs out of Station 3 in Salem, VA:

And this is a 2017 Pierce Velocity tandem drive tiller w/ 105' ladder for Charlottesville Fire Dept. They spec'd it with a 2nd drive to accommodate the extra weight as this truck also serves as a rescue.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 01:08:42 PM by partsman88 »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Vacation shots (updated 8-18-19)
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
I thought the Aeromax was cool until I saw the SEFL White. :o Looks like I might have to take a little detour once I start doing my southern Snowbird trips this fall. ;D

JJG

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2019, 09:41:49 PM »
Wow, that Aeromax is outstanding!! Great catch, and the Southeastern White is very cool too, looks great with the pus and all.

That Tilleraman tandem fire truck is sharp!

Jim

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2019, 09:16:47 AM »
Oh wow, love that Aeromax, really rare seeing one, especially in such good shape AND working. 8)
The old White is really cool, and the Charlottesville Pierce is very neat.
Great catches, as usual. :)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
Thanks guys. There's only a handful of those tandem drive tillers around the country, IIRC Columbus and Seattle also have a couple. Would have loved to seen their old tiller, an ALF tandem drive, but sadly it was lost in a fire some time ago. Pierce made them an offer they couldn't refuse apparently. Glad you guys liked that SEFL White too, I was cruising down I-20 and glanced to the left and saw it sitting there, it was a totally chance encounter. Don't get your hopes up from shooting it inside the fence though Charlie, they wouldn't let me walk through their high security lobby. I picked an angle to minimize the exposed fence though.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs