If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Taking photos in Canada? (BC & AB)  (Read 3027 times)

GrantNZ

• Grant Schofield Truck Photography
Taking photos in Canada? (BC & AB)
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
I'm requesting some expertise from the Canadian members..

I have been given the option of going on holiday to Canada in mid-Jan 2013 for about 3 weeks to British Columbia, the Rockies & Calgary among other places. I realise it will be the middle of winter but its not an offer I really want to turn down having never been there before, so I'm asking some help of the members on here to aid me in deciding whether or not to go...

Can anyone give me an idea on any of the following...
>Places to take photos - what are the best places and what am I likely to find there? (assuming I will have a car or means to get around)
>How are the drivers over there - are they usually more than happy to have photographs of their truck taken and would they be interested in parking their truck up for a photo if the sun is out or pausing for a photo when they leave somewhere?
>Moving photos - is it frowned upon and seen as a terrorist threat or is it fine?

I am well versed in how to go about taking photos properly so I certainly won't be upsetting anyone. I will not go onto private property with out being allowed to do so and if a driver is around their truck I will always ask first if it is appropriate to do so. I'll also pack a Hi-Vis vest just in case I need it anywhere aswell.

Thanks in advance,
Grant

Hank's Truck Forum

Taking photos in Canada? (BC & AB)
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: Taking photos in Canada? (BC & AB)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 03:30:42 AM »
It might be a little cold.
Shooting while driving is frowned upon; it falls under the "Distracted Driving" laws. Each province, even Alberta, has laws against Distracted Driving on their books.
Other than that; I can't think of any reason you can't take pictures.
I live in Ontario so I will let our members from western canada point out the best places to go for pictures.
Contact Mr. Suderman if you will be in the Vancouver area. He likes to meet Forum members from around the world.

Rob

GrantNZ

• Grant Schofield Truck Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:51:03 AM »
Shooting while driving is frowned upon; it falls under the "Distracted Driving" laws. Each province, even Alberta, has laws against Distracted Driving on their books.
Other than that; I can't think of any reason you can't take pictures.
I live in Ontario so I will let our members from western canada point out the best places to go for pictures.
Contact Mr. Suderman if you will be in the Vancouver area. He likes to meet Forum members from around the world.

Rob

Any info is good info Rob!
When I wrote moving shots I meant standing on the side of the road shooting them as they drive past  ;)

ric_no_k

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »

AB and BC, in Jan....might be cold, might be an understatement especially up in 'them thar hills'.  Probably won't be too many clean trucks at that time either although some of them do try, it is hard with salt dust and spray off the roads.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs