If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Big lost for Transforce.... And a boom for one of it's division  (Read 2448 times)

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
For the last 10 years,Transforce,via it's Location Mirabel division,was the main hauler at Molson's Montreal production plant. They were going everywhere in the Quebec province.But since a month ago, I've been seing a lot of SGT trucks pulling Molson's quad axles trailers....

On the other hand, JAF Transport,a container division from Boucherville,has updated and increased it's fleet,due to a lot of business. For the Tansforce fan, JAF runs under the TFI 3 permit,wich I believe is the same as Highland.....
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Hank's Truck Forum

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
Re: Big lost for Transforce.... And a boom for one of it's division
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
It is hard to fully understand who's using which permit. What I noticed is Besner and Highland runs under the Transport TFI 3 umbrella. Often, on the provincial corporation registry, company X name would be listed in the business name used by the Transport TFI X listed on the truck, but also in other Transport TFI companies. Another way to explain that is Transport TFI X uses Company X and Company Y names for business, but they're listed for Transport TFI Z as well. It is like Transport TFI 3 is the primary user of the names, but the other Transport TFI could use them on demand basis.

For the Molson jobs, I didn't noticed yet, but I'll look for that. The Labatt jobs is usually done by Robert only, but Molson seems to hire several carriers. I recall to have seen lots of Challanger MF trailers by their Molson brewery, but I would rather use Location Mirabel elswehere in the province. I think to recall having seen Armour pulling for them in the Maritimes, but I am not 100 % sure. It could confuse them with Oland / Moosehead.   

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
I passed by the Molson warehouse in Victoriaville and I saw no evidence of SGT equipment there. Not that is impossible, but more like no highway / out of town equipment on location today.

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »
Talking about the losses, TV mentioned that Transforce reported an important loss in the first quarter of 2013. On their website, it seems to be related to Velocity Express.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs