Author Topic: 1/16 Revell-Monogram Peterbilt 379  (Read 2358 times)

Bermuda Ken

• Regular Membership
    • C&G Site
1/16 Revell-Monogram Peterbilt 379
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
Did everyone miss the announcement of the 1/16 re-issue of the yellow 379 Pete from Revell-Monogram??   I don't have a shipping date yet from my supplier, but hope its still arriving in 2012.

I would presume that since this is being re-made the Kenworth W-900 and W-900 Aereodyne and Fruehauf flatbed will be too??!!!
INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS....anything else is just a car!!!

Looking for IH 4300 EAGLE BROUGHAM items.  Collector of IH & KW truck literature.

wt mike

Re: 1/16 Revell-Monogram Peterbilt 379
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »
ive just bought the w900 and the flatbed off ebay, the kenworth was brand new in the box and dated 1981 and the flatbed also new in box and dated 1991, already built them and ill add pictures when i get time, really enjoyed building them

Bermuda Ken

• Regular Membership
    • C&G Site
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
I built the W-900 and Fruehauf flat back in 1980something when they were new.  Added some custom chrome to them both. 

I missed out on the W-900 aerodyne.  It came with Turtle Wax so you could wax it like the real one.....

I hope Revell/Monogram re-issues them too!  Still waiting on prices for these from my distributor.....
INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS....anything else is just a car!!!

Looking for IH 4300 EAGLE BROUGHAM items.  Collector of IH & KW truck literature.

The DAFman

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:09:35 AM »
Hello Bermuda Ken,

Here in Europe isn't any "info" to find about those "re-issue's"!!!!! :( :( :(

I don't know either if they ever will be "re-issued" in Europe!!!!!
(For many "modelers" to big and expansive and to low "value for money"!!!!!)
The 1/16-scale trucks are "based" on the "snap-tite" 1/25-scale versions and have "exact" the same parts and "detailing"!!!!!
(Except the flatbed-trailer, that one was never "issued" in 1/25-scale by "Monogram"!!!!!)

For "European" idea's those "big-kits" are relativly "low detailed" if you "compare" them with "big scale" air-planes or car-models!!!!!
(No "steering front-axle, openable doors and windows" and also in the "interior" and for the "engine" is "much more" possible!!!!!)

I still have also build them in the "80's/90's", also "rebuild" 2 "flatbed-trailers" into a "dry-van" and "reefer"!!!!!
For a couple of years ago I "found" 2 kits in Ebay (the 359 and the W-900-Aerodyne, the W-900 "flat-top" was always more "rare/hard to find" here in Europe!!!!!) and decided to "detail" them fully!!!!!
(In that "big-scale" very good possible!!!!! But also still a "project in progress", they are more for "keeping busy" if the "1/25 scale (and "smaller") projects" needs "drying-time"!!!!!)

But I hope also that they will get "re-issued" here in Europe!!!!!
Certainly the "Fruehauf" trailer, than that one is a very good "base" for whole different "versions" like "step-deck's", (or the "dry-vans/reefers"),"moving-vans" or even "tank-trailers" ("using" the wheels, axles, frame-parts, the "rest" has to be "scratch-build" or "using" the parts from Tamiya/Robbe/Wedico!!!!! (from the here in Europe very popular "RC" models!!!!! I like to "see" those RC-models but they are for me "personally" much to expensive!!!!!)

For the "rest", we can only "sit and wait"!!!!!

Greetings from Germany,

The DAFman, Leo
Deceased.

gps223

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Have you tried the R-M website? I've noticed different eBay stores saying these will ship mid July... I had the w900 but sold it. I needed the 'real estate' for other smaller trucks  ;D

-Tim

The DAFman

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Hello Tim,

No, I didn't "try" the "R-M" web-site yet, but many thanks for the "tip"!!!!!

I have some "free-space" in the "stairway" of the house and appartment of wich I am "living" and it is also "good" for my "big-scale skills"!!!!!

If i can ever "find" the "re-issued" 359, it is "planned" as "heavy haulage tri-tandem-drive tractor", and the W-900 as "real big sleeper" with a "re/scratch-build" moving-van trailer!!!!!
For the "W-900 Aerodyne" ("if" it will be ever getting "re-issued") I have only some "paint-scheme" ideas!!!!! (B. Reynolds Trucking from "Canada", see the "pictures" of L.Dugas!!!!! BTW that company has/had also a fantastic K-100 Aerodyne!!!!!)

Greetings from Emmerich,Germany,

Leo
Deceased.