If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Anyone see IRT?  (Read 1874 times)

Jon_G

Anyone see IRT?
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
Apparently the new season started. Yes I know its really over-dramatized and not very realistic, but I still sometimes like to watch it anyway, just to look at the trucks ;D Apparently, Manitoulin Transport is featured this year, with Alex being a driver for them. The 1st episode shows a few of their Prostars running up North in the Yukon.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

Anyone see IRT?
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

pierre_volvo

• Sweden
Re: Anyone see IRT?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
I watched the first episode in season 6 just now ;)
And as always, same story over again, bad tires on snowy roads in combo with hillclimbing and missed gears in 18 speed gearboxes.
Jesus Christ, its stupidity to use that equipment in those conditions they do, at least in my opinion ;)
I would love to see how a Eurotruck with winterspecs would perform on the Dalton with those "heavy" loads ;D

Truck-crazy Swede

jonboy

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
If you're missing gears, then you shouldn't be on the road or ice in this case.lol.
If you put a camera crew in a real truck, who would watch? It would be boring.
I watch Dave Redmon on you tube, and they made him to look like a complete idiot. The true storys he tells is an eye opener.

beastmaster62

• Regular Membership
  • Truckin My Life Away.....Thru Pictures
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »
Stopped watching it last year after seeing the same ole thing over and over and the fact that its an insult to most drivers with their driving habits

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »
If you're missing gears, then you shouldn't be on the road or ice in this case.lol.
If you put a camera crew in a real truck, who would watch? It would be boring.
I watch Dave Redmon on you tube, and they made him to look like a complete idiot. The true storys he tells is an eye opener.
Agreed!!!! I knew that IRT was becoming Fake when they started Season 3 but when I started watching Daves take on YouTube it blew me away on how REALLY FAKE it is!!!!
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
Yeah, like I said I watch to look @ the trucks. The first season seemed the most real, but they really do play up so much of the stuff that happens. Everytime a truck passes in the other direction, they act like its on a collision course or something ::) This year, it seems to be all about the bad egos all the "drivers", and I say that loosely, are getting. Everyone is calling themselves the best driver ever ::)

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
Yeah, like I said I watch to look @ the trucks. The first season seemed the most real, but they really do play up so much of the stuff that happens. Everytime a truck passes in the other direction, they act like its on a collision course or something ::) This year, it seems to be all about the bad egos all the "drivers", and I say that loosely, are getting. Everyone is calling themselves the best driver ever ::)
Ha that's exactly like me!! Just like looking and seeing the film of the trucks not paying attention to any of the Garbage drama is what I do. Same with Trucker Tv. I watched a couple videos on their site just to look at some trucks in my area. BTW does anyone know where I can watch a full episode of Trucker Tv. The vids on their site is not the show or is it?? If it is then face palm!!!!
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

jonboy

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »
Hey Coil Hauler, thats pretty much the show. What you see is what you get.
I watch it too, just to see more trucks, like I'm addicted or something. I haven't seen it listed now for about 2 weeks? Wonder if it was pulled?

I also watch American trucker, but have to laugh at Robs attitude.
He's like a little kid on Christmas, but it is great to see somebody get excited about a truck.
Usually trucks are upside down on the news. And that has been all to common these last few weeks in Toronto.

I knew IRT was fake and pandering to the camera, but Dave sure sets you straight to how bad it really was. I had no idea.
I couldn't stand him, i thought he was arrogant, closed minded and knew nothing about trucks.
Now I see he is was played like a $2 fiddle. And he's pretty knowledgable.
Nice guy really.

I just finished Worlds Greatest Trucker. I had to laugh, its the world, but they could only find one Canadian, one Scot, one Brit, a south Africian I think, and an Auzzie with 3 Americans.
That garanteed an American in the final show down...lol.
I can't see that show doing well, but I loved the Australia footage and the Canadian logging. That was worth admission.

I think theres a new show coming on soon about roads around the world. So it should be lacking the personality drama and b.s? Saw it advertised, but missed the title and time. Anyone seen this yet?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs