If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Charlie's Catches (Updated 10-21-19)  (Read 581300 times)

JJG

Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 10-3-19)
« Reply #3915 on: October 03, 2019, 10:57:51 PM »
Sharp 359 at the tire shop, the S-Series IH is cool, looks good hooked into that lowbed! The 41ish Ford snub-nose looks like it would be a project......interesting find on a mixed load!

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3915 on: October 03, 2019, 10:57:51 PM »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3916 on: October 04, 2019, 03:04:37 AM »
Wow...Mr D you've done very well on this last update. 8) 8)
I'm sure I've caught that AMJ several times over the years but they must have updated the graphics on the box.
Scottlyn have more variety than just Peterbilts in their fleet now. They don't seem to have a Peterbilt dealer anymore at their location.
Is Horseless carriage losing drivers or are their older trucks being sold off? Drivers move around so much today.
Transport St Michael is the carrier that took over Jules Savard.
How do you get all those trucks sitting by themselves just asking for their pictures to be taken?

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3917 on: October 04, 2019, 04:59:46 AM »
Wow...Mr D you've done very well on this last update. 8) 8)
Is Horseless carriage losing drivers or are their older trucks being sold off? Drivers move around so much today.
How do you get all those trucks sitting by themselves just asking for their pictures to be taken?
Thank you Rob. :) I seem to find more ex Horseless Carriage trucks on the road nowadays then company trucks. Could be turnover or maybe just getting older units off the road. :-\ As for the photos i favor hitting truck stops and rest areas in non peak hours if i can.............seems early morning and anytime after 4 PM the lots are all filled up and trucks wall to wall. Can't always do it but that's my plan.

RobG

« Reply #3918 on: October 04, 2019, 09:39:38 PM »
I really like the J.Huber Pete 379,looks nice and clean ,especially with the stainless reefer behind it.The 359 at the tire shop is a cool catch as well.

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 10-5-19)
« Reply #3919 on: October 05, 2019, 06:12:25 AM »
Staying at the Circle C in Canadys SC for a moment I came across this 4 axle International 9300 pulling for D&C Trucking from Monroe VA.

Another fine looking International "S" series belonging to Roddi Love Grading Inc. from Denver NC parked at a motel in Hardeeville SC.

Challenger Pete 567 from Cambridge ON at the Pilot in Hardeeville SC.

Waiting at a jobsite in Port Wentworth GA was this awesome Brundage-Bone Mack multi axle concrete pumper.

Eagle Transport Corp. FL Cascadia tanker parked at the TA in Richmond Hill GA.

The next 3 pics were taken in Brunswick GA beginning with this big bunk Western Star on with DSLT Inc. from Knoxville TN taking a break at the Love's.

Also at the Love's was this Pete 579 tanker for QLF Transportation of Dodgeville WI.

2 axle FLD boat hauler operated by WEO Trucks from Lebanon MO at the TA.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:35:27 AM by charlie »

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3920 on: October 05, 2019, 12:20:48 PM »
Like every one of your shots Charlie. The only thing wrong is the sleeper on the
Landstar Volvo should be on the Volvo I drive.      Bob.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3921 on: October 05, 2019, 04:20:32 PM »
Thnx Bob. ;) Are there any big bunks like that on your roads? ??? Are they even allowed.....just wondering. ??? ???

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3922 on: October 05, 2019, 04:23:14 PM »
Next to last batch of photos from the Tampa trip.....hope some have enjoyed the shots. No captions on this batch for time being.....gotta run and pack etc. etc. for an early start on a trip to Ft. Myers FL tomorrow. More to follow as time allows.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:33:30 PM by charlie »

JJG

« Reply #3923 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »
You caught some really sharp trucks in the last 2 sets Charlie, quite like the S-Series wide cab short nose, not many survivors around, the Sercombe Coronado MK l is wonderful, the FLD hauling the wide load is a true old workhorse and the big Mack Terrapro pumper is cool too!

Jim

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3924 on: October 05, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
Jim

The workhorse FLD with the wide load was interesting. ;D I asked the pilot car drivers what it was and they said they didn't know. :-\ A couple of hours later in Florida I came upon a wide load (big box) & the diver said not knowing was fairly common, especially with government loads. He said he's asked a few times and the answer was "a big box". :D

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3925 on: October 05, 2019, 06:53:30 PM »
Lots of great stuff here Charlie, another great S Series find, the Challenger 567, and the 7 axle concrete pumper is fantastic. Wish I could get a clean shot of one, I've only shot that one in South Carolina like 4 years ago. Frock Bros is always a nice find, great shot on that Reliable T680, Sercombe is always cool and the FLD heavy hauler is really neat, I can't recall seeing one setup like that before.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #3926 on: October 05, 2019, 10:32:53 PM »
Ooh, some super duper cool stuff again!
The D&C IH is cool, don't see very many of those, especially a tri-axle.
Speaking of IHs, the Roddi Love looks cool, too.
Really dig the big Mack pumper, really cool rig there, and the FLD is neat, too.
The 2 KWs starting the last batch are both cool, and the Ulysses Pete looks pretty good, too. 8)
The Guy M. Turner (I think) FLD in the last shot is really cool, interesting load there, too.
With those gray wheels, looks like it could've originated with Yarbrough, another heavy hauler (their site: http://www.goytc.com/ ) , they have ran FLs for years, and that definitely looks set up like one of their rigs.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 10-9-19)
« Reply #3927 on: October 09, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
Finishing up the pics from a Florida trip with a bunch taken on 9-25-19. Hope you've enjoyed the ride a long.

Blue Max Transport Mack Anthem flatbed from Charlotte NC at the Pilot in St. Mary's GA. I'd never heard of this outfit until 1-2 years ago now I see them all over the southeast. :o

Creech Horse Transportation FL Cascadia from Troy MO at the Pilot on US 301 in Waldo FL which is pretty horse country down that way.

Al-Amin Brothers KW W990 from Crete IL hooked to a spread axle reefer at the Petro in Ocala FL.

Dhesi Enterprises Ltd. Pete 389 stepdeck from Surrey BC a long way from home at the Petro in Ocala FL.

Sterett Heavy Hauling 4 axle Pete 567 from Jacksonville FL laid over at the I-75 rest area in Ocala FL.

Good looking FLC for Ranch Truck Caps & Lids parked at the 75 Chrome Shop in Wildwood FL.

Not sure which van lines this old International is working for due to 2 names and DOT #s but it made for a good photo op at the Pilot in Wildwood FL.

Last pic of the trip was this Pete 359 running for Dinges Transfer & Rigging of Monroe WI camped out at the Love's in Bushnell FL.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:32:02 PM by charlie »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3928 on: October 09, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »
What about that Paul Sagehorn K100 that was in POTD?

Looks like you had a fantastic trip Charlie, damn I'm jealous. That Al-Amin W990 looks fantastic with that reefer, looks like your cup is overflowing now haha. The Sterett 567 is cool too, I love those link-axle Goldhofer heavy haul setups. And you finished strong with the 359 reefer, the Maher Van Lines IC COE (never seen that before) and the FL Classic.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3929 on: October 09, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »
What about that Paul Sagehorn K100 that was in POTD?

Patience grasshopper.....the K100 is from this weeks trip just completed yesterday. ;D  The pics I just posted wrapped up a trip I did the last week of September. :) Yeah the Florida trips have been yielding some cool & interesting stuff....I leave again Monday for Cape Coral FL so we'll see what that brings. :-\

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3929 on: October 09, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs