Author Topic: Model truck Videos  (Read 1071 times)

jr-transport

• Chicken Lights and Chrome...
    • Check out my Flikr page. I have lots of pics of my Trucks-both real and models.
Model truck Videos
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
Does anybody else here have videos that they have made of their trucks? I have 4 or 5 of them up on my youtube. Here is my latest one (http://youtu.be/dPpjmD-COUE). It shows all of the different sleeper variations on a pete. I also have several videos of my models just showing different angles of most of the trucks in my fleet.

Lets see your vids!
"In my experience, overkill is underrated"
"I love it when a plan comes together"
   -Hannibal Smith.
"It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
    -Ronald Reagan

CoeJustin362

• Regular Membership
Re: Model truck Videos
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Great trucks. I like all of them. Do you make the flat top sleepers or how do you get them?

jpgraphiks

• That's Headly Lamar.....
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
nice fleet!

I like all the detail you are putting into your models...I appreciate the accuracy!

JP

jr-transport

• Check out my Flikr page. I have lots of pics of my Trucks-both real and models.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, The 63'' flat tops come from a certain somebody on this forum......I'm sure you know who that is.
I try to get some of the easier details done on my trucks, eg. when I do polished fenders, I mask them off straight so that the fenders have a more accurate shape, and the panel that holds the fender onto the hood takes paint, like a real truck.

I just need to get alittle better at masking so that I can try for some nice stripes, and steady my hand so that I can add things like adding sleeper door jambs and the like.
   -Hannibal Smith.
"It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
    -Ronald Reagan

jpgraphiks

• That's Headly Lamar.....
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, The 63'' flat tops come from a certain somebody on this forum......I'm sure you know who that is.
I try to get some of the easier details done on my trucks, eg. when I do polished fenders, I mask them off straight so that the fenders have a more accurate shape, and the panel that holds the fender onto the hood takes paint, like a real truck.

I just need to get alittle better at masking so that I can try for some nice stripes, and steady my hand so that I can add things like adding sleeper door jambs and the like.

Yeah, I might know that guy you are talking about.....;)

Finding little things like 3M's fine line pinstriping tape can change the game quite a bit....I love the stuff!...Its low tack, smooth sided and works wonders on nice stripes...My Freshly Squeezed was the first truck I tried it on and now Ill never go back to any thing else for fine line work....

I think discovering new techniques that work for you are part of the thrill of discovery....Nothing like trying something new that works really well!

JP

jr-transport

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »
yeah, I am going to have to try some of that 3M stuff, thanks for the tips, once I get some spare time again- between work and moving, I'm pretty much booked for a while;) I will give that a shot. I want to get a nice 359 with seminole stripes done, as well as a model of the 359 owned by The Man in Black.....

"Nothing like trying something new that works really well"

Well said JP!
   -Hannibal Smith.
    -Ronald Reagan