If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Pics from the Flying J Vaudreuil ( 04-21-2012)  (Read 2572 times)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Pics from the Flying J Vaudreuil ( 04-21-2012)
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
My wife had an activity in Montreal last Saturday. I had three hours of spare time, so I decided to drive to the Flying J in Vaudreuil. It took me almost one hour to reach the place because of heavy rain and  road work  on Highway 40 at the interchange with Highway 15.  Always interesting trucks there from all over Canada and the USA  but  we were under a  heavy rain . I put a rain coat , a large hat and  choose to use a small point & shoot camera .  I should be odd looking walking the  truck parking lot and taking pics under those conditions. Here is a  first series. I will add another tomorrow.

A rare Volvo , at least for me, for Werner Enterprise out of Omaha Neb.

Preferred Carriers  from Spruce Grove Ab.

A nice Pete 379 Legacy for P.A. Langevin out of Carleton Place On. A small fleet with always great looking trucks.

A truck from Atlantic Canada, W.R. Bolivar of of Bridgewater NS.

A duo of BAY & Bay Transfer from Rosemount Mn resting. I have been told that the make several trips every week to a mine in St-Urbain in Charlevoix County

A bright orange Volvo under the rain for Allied Van Lines.

As a bonus, this special looking KW T-2000 for FTI. Long time I had not seen one.

Hank's Truck Forum

Pics from the Flying J Vaudreuil ( 04-21-2012)
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
Re: Pics from the Flying J Vaudreuil ( 04-21-2012)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:32:20 AM »
Thanks for braving the elements Mr. Laplante!  Volvos definitely seem to be in the minority in Werner's fleet.  I've only seen a few and I'm relatively close to their HQ.  That Pete 379 for P.A. Langevin looks pretty nice.  Neat that you see Bay & Bay in your location.  Maybe they'll send you some of their nice Cascadias.  Lastly, that FTI T2000 is a neat catch.  Looking a little long in the tooth maybe, but nice to see. 

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »
Sometimes a session in the rain makes for some really nice photos.  ;D The 2 Volvos really stand out. :)

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
Sometimes a session in the rain makes for some really nice photos.  ;D The 2 Volvos really stand out. :)

X2! I really like Werner's striped Volvos, I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Dannman81

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
Ive also caught a similar Bay & Bay trucks at that flying J I got to return there I miss my cousin she used to live like 10 minutes walking from that truck stop ....

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »
Thanks for braving the elements Mr. Laplante!  Volvos definitely seem to be in the minority in Werner's fleet.  I've only seen a few and I'm relatively close to their HQ.  That Pete 379 for P.A. Langevin looks pretty nice.  Neat that you see Bay & Bay in your location.  Maybe they'll send you some of their nice Cascadias.  Lastly, that FTI T2000 is a neat catch.  Looking a little long in the tooth maybe, but nice to see.

I have ever seen Cascadia for them and even some trucks with patriotic murals.  They haul silica from this St-Urbain mine.  I have been told that the pick up up to 10-12 loads a week . So it is why I see them so often.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »
Very nice selection! I really like the Langevin 379 Legacy... exceptionally sharp truck. 8)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »
Thank's guys for the comments. Here is another series  taken in the same raining conditions.

Locomote System Inc. (L.S.I.) is a steel hauler based in Milton ON.

This KW W-900 is for Toronto Tank Lines (TTL) strangely based in Hamilton ON.

Flying J had a few of their tankers parker in Vaudreuil.

Transport Frontenac is a division of Groupe Boutin, Along with another  of Boutin division, Transport Jean Beaudry they are mostly dedicated to the Rona contract. Both divisions have received quite a few of those KW T660 leased from PacLease.

This white Volvo is for H&R Transport out of Lethbrige Ab. Maybe a 0/0 unit.

Transport Vitesse is from Montréal. This one had a load  of big engines ( trucks or construction machinery ).

As a bonus, two bobtails. The first is from CreeXPress , a small carrier based in Val D'Or and owned by an Indian Band from James Bay area. 

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:50 AM »
That Transport Vitesse ProStar looks interesting. Firstly, it has painted steel wheels on the rear axles, which I don't think I have seen on any Vitesse trucks before, and it's also got a slightly odd looking bumper. But it's still sharp. 8) The TTL W900L is my favorite of the bunch, though... very cool looking truck. 8)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Dannman81

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »
another great picture my favorites are those 2 bobtails trucks which they look great ...

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
Nice Series, Gerard...
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »