If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Scania in Newfoundland  (Read 8657 times)

Jet A-1

• Regular Membership
Scania in Newfoundland
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
Not many of these around here.... or anywhere for that matter

This one has a Ferrari crane on it.... must lift stuff fast  ;D
"Get a Kenworth - Got it made"

Hank's Truck Forum

Scania in Newfoundland
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »

Paccar 105

Re: Scania in Newfoundland
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »
Must have a very good owner because it looks very good for it's age.

Nice catch.

fangio

Jet A-1

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
The previous owner brought it to Newfoundland from Iceland.  I heard there are another couple Scanias around here somewhere and one is a tandem tractor.  I haven`t seen it so I might go hunting for it.
"Get a Kenworth - Got it made"

Ghost in the shell

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 03:35:44 AM »
NICE CATCH

given that or a similarly aged conventional, I'd go for the Scannie :)

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »
Scania tried to be a player in the US and Canada, mostly on the east coast to Indiana from the mid 1980s to the early 1990s.  It didn't work out so well.

beastmaster62

• Regular Membership
  • Truckin My Life Away.....Thru Pictures
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:48:49 AM »
Approximately what year is this unit? I know I used to see some conventionals running over on the east coast and we had one owner op leased to a company I was with that had a conventional in the late 80's.

Freddie_78

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
Approximately what year is this unit? I know I used to see some conventionals running over on the east coast and we had one owner op leased to a company I was with that had a conventional in the late 80's.

1985-88, I'd say.

Before 1985 the logo had a square C, and in the fall of 1987 the 3-series was introduced.

NG1635

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »

1985-88, I'd say.

Before 1985 the logo had a square C, and in the fall of 1987 the 3-series was introduced.

look at steps they are like on older generation of serie 2 and like on man f8

we had 1985 which was registrated in april 1986 with newer steps i think truck is 1984

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
Scania tried to be a player in the US and Canada, mostly on the east coast to Indiana from the mid 1980s to the early 1990s.  It didn't work out so well.

Scania was in the US from 1986-1993.  They sold about 700 trucks in that time, mostly in the northeast.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »

Scania was in the US from 1986-1993.  They sold about 700 trucks in that time, mostly in the northeast.

Yes, that's what I said.  They tried to be a player, but didn't succeed.  I have a number of photogrpahs I have taken, brochures and information from Scania USA I acquired during that time. 

The DAFman

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
Hello Jet A-1,

As "European" and also a "since a very looong time" Scania-fan, many thanks for this very nice "catch"!!!!!

Another "unknown" one for me in USA/Canada and a very nice "proto-type" for my "models"!!!!!

For me it is still a big pity that it never "worked out well" for Scania!!!!
One of the "main reasons" of that "failure" were some "own market protecting" rules in USA/Canada!!!!!
(No "much more powerfull" V-8 engines!!!!!)
Also the "high price" and "lack" of workshops and spare-parts was one of the "main parts" of that "failure"!!!!!
And not to forget, no co-operation (or "taken-over") with "home-brands" like Volvo/White, Renault /Mack or MB/Freightliner or nowadays DAF/Paccar!!!!!
BTW, that is also a "reason" that MAN never did start any "serious" try on the "North-American" market!!!!!

Nowadays we "all" will get taken over by "Chinese"companys!!!!! :( :( :( :o :o :o :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'(
Also the "brand" I am "working" in, (Dutch build "Ginaf") is since February 2012 in "Chinese hands"!!!!!

Chuckyr, the 2 pictures of the R-112 are for me "since years" 2 "original" ones for an "rebuild" Italeri-model!!!!! :) :) :)
I have also 2 "rebuilded" T-112 (conventional) versions and the both "Legacy" ones!!!!!

Looking forward for more "new/unknown" Scania's in the USA/Canada!!!!!

Greetings from Germany,

The DAFman,Leo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:58:28 PM by The DAFman »
Deceased.

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
Scania is sold in Mexico and many modern models can be seen around the south western US states along the Mexican US border.  I have long since planned to make a replica of the Scania i posted.  i acquired the modification resin parts years ago, but have as of yet to start that project.

Trucker0011

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
I used to drive a Mack DM with a scania diesel in it the truck was a 69  couldnt kill it and the only work done to the motoe was a fuel line replaced on it  that truck was sold still running in 94

leonardofvr87

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 05:45:06 AM »
Sorry reviving an old topic, but i would like to know if somebody have more infos about this Scania, if this truck its still there or maybe owner's name? I have a friend in Illinois that bought those Canadian Scanias and he is interested to buy this one too.

Thanks.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »
The cab on that Scania looks immaculate no sign of any tin worm, great catches.        Bob.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs