Author Topic: Tue 3-20 - Sikeston, MO to Nashville, TN  (Read 1051 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Tue 3-20 - Sikeston, MO to Nashville, TN
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »
Well, I'll take a few minutes to post a few pics from my drive today before heading for bed. I just came from the Grand Ole Opry, which is always a lot of fun, and tomorrow I'll be heading to the airport to get a different rental car before heading up to Louisville for MATS.  :)

Btw, thanks for all the comments on my previous posts! I sure appreciate it. I'll try to reply better when I get to Louisville. ;)

This classy short hood 379 was parked at the motel across the road from mine in Sikeston when I got out to my car this morning. It is for Nodaway Valley out of Villisca, Iowa.

More class. ;) I found a propane hauling company called Eagle Valley in Shawneetown, IL, right on the Ohio River, and managed to get pics of two of their trucks. First, a classy W900L...

...and then an even classier 389!

SBFA Freightliner COE in Henderson, KY. It had markings for Tri-State Heavy Duty Towing & Recovery, Henderson, KY.

And here's a few on the road shots, first from I-57 between Sikeston, MO and Marion, IL.

First, a shiny 386 for Fort Transfer Co. out of Morton, IL.

New equipment for Pace Air Freight out of Plainfield, IN - a Pete 587.

Not quite as new... ;) FL COE pulling for J.B. Hunt.

New ATS Coronado.

Classy W900L for Schuler Trucking out of Janesville, WI.

Slightly rough looking, unknown Harley Davidson LoneStar. :-\

Nice W900L with an end dump trailer, for Unthank Trucking out of Eldorado, IL, coming through Shawneetown, IL.

Unknown K100E with an oversize load.

These last ones are from the Tennessee welcome center along I-24 southbound, at the KY/TN line. I didn't have time to spend more than 15 minutes here as I had the Grand Ole Opry to make here in Nashville, but this particular welcome center was perfect for truck pics; it had benches overlooking the Interstate, and quite heavy truck traffic. ;)

First, a classy big bunk Western Star leased to Mercer.

Dark Star Transportation Co 386 out of Knoxville, TN.

Sharp T660 for TRCC Transport out of Dalton, GA.

Finally, a new Pete 587 for Titan Transfer out of Shelbyville, TN.

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

Ray F

Re: Tue 3-20 - Sikeston, MO to Nashville, TN
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
Very Nice Series Jan !!! I Like Those COEs, That Lonestar, and That Mercer Western Star  :o 8)

Dannman81

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »
wow that Western Star for Mercer is a great looking truck ..... yet again all those trucks are very good looking

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »
Great series. I like that TRCC T660. 8) And speaking of Titan 587s, last summer on my road trip I must have missed at least 3 of them. I still don't think I have a shot of one.

beastmaster62

• Regular Membership
  • Truckin My Life Away.....Thru Pictures
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:30:19 AM »
Keep them coming. Those shots are great and it shows also that alot of cabovers are still out there. The heck with the Grand ole Oprey, truck pictures are what we want. LOL.

MMBrown

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:50 AM »
No fair!  You see COEs regularly in Europe, and then you come to the U.S. and get to see them all here too, lol.  ;D :'(

Really like that Titan 587!
Mark Brown

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »
Wow Jan!  You sure got a few COEs on this trip!  All of those are great.  But that ATS Coronado is hands down the best truck in this post. 

wbache

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »
Excellent shot on the ATS Coronado--looks like better weather is on the way with the landscape turning green--glad you enjoyed the Opry :)

Jon_G

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
Really nice series! Even tho most COEs these days are looking old, they're still cool 8) I like the orange KW tanker too!

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
Quite a bunch of good trucks in here. Two Freightliner FLBs with the set back front axle on the same run? That's crazy Jan. It's nice to see one of those new SBFA Coronados from ATS finally on the road. When I was on my trip I caught some unmarked ones saddleback along US 69 in Eufala, OK and I was sure that's who was buying them.

Updated: 9/26/14