If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC  (Read 304970 times)

JJG

Re: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC
« Reply #1590 on: August 11, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
A few weeks back, went to a show in Cache Creek, this set is taken from the town of, starting with a few retired tow trucks, 90's GMC Topkick and an 80's Ford F 650

same towing company has this 85-88 FL COE heavy wrecker

an unknown KW T800 loaded up with lumber on B-trains makes a pit stop at the Petro Can

leaving Cache Creek to Ashcroft, a KW T680 from Rite Line Transport makes its way out of the Tim Horton's

along with Tim's is an Esso fuel Island that has a Mack Anthem looks to be a off duty resident

close up of the Westcan Mack hauling dry bulk B-trains

then making a quick stop in Spences Bridge for a few relics, a 56 Chevy stake truck

and a 55-57 GMC milk truck

and this might be an Anglia panel van??? Not sure but it is cool

DOUBLE BONUS ROUND:
near the top of the Sea To Sky Gondola ride, this shot looks south towards Vancouver

from the top platform, I zoomed out onto one of the 6 passenger gondolas you ride in

incidentally, as of Friday the 9th, the ride is shut down along with the trails, a cable snapped and some of the cars ended up in the trees, suspected foul play!! Really, what is the world we live in coming to! Thankfully if let go through the night, no one was on them.

Jim.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:19:26 PM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1590 on: August 11, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1591 on: August 11, 2019, 01:35:58 PM »
I read about the cable car sabotage earlier today & thought you'd been on it recently. The person(s) who did this should be locked up & the key thrown away. >:( Read the story below:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/squamish-gondola-falls-1.5242787

JJG

« Reply #1592 on: August 11, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
Thanks Charlie, I agree, rid the world of those kind of people, just an absolute waste of skin!!

Jim.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1593 on: August 11, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
Love the old Ford wrecker, and love love the Frightshaker cabover wrecker, rare to see a coe wrecker. 8)
The Westcan Mack is cool too.

That's terrible about the cable cars, takes a real nasty low down person (or persons) to do something like that. >:(
I know what I'd like to do to that kind of human garbage, but hopefully they'll be found and have the book thrown at them.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #1594 on: August 28, 2019, 12:00:35 AM »
Time for an update, some trucks caught around the town, most taken as POTD but some other just because they are cool!
This KW T800 vacuum truck would have me guessing it is on with GFL but it says ACE on the door

stuck in a construction mess, I eased the pain by catching a few coming at me, this 389 was worthy of a shot

I think this Western Star 4900 twin steer tri-drive with pony setup is the same one couple weeks back

then a Freightliner Columbia AG hauler went by

see this cool 70's White Western Star dump sitting on a farm every time I go by, now right in the construction zone, finally I could quickly zoom in on it as traffic started to go I had to be quick

point and shoot on a side street rural Langley, this Cascadia MK ll from T Pine Truck Rentals, Ontario base plate with an AVL unit that I thought was from Montreal, however, the US symbol appears on the logo, who knows

an 80's vintage 1st gen GMC Topkick in an industrial lot in Langley, might be an ex Coke truck

a sharp KW W900L B-train tanker is delivering fuel to an off brand gas station in Aldergrove

that brings us up to date for now

Jim.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:45:54 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1595 on: August 29, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »
The ACE T800 is cool, and that old White Western Star dump is cool, too.
The Topkick is a nice find, don't see too many of those around.
Of course, the W9 with the B-train takes the cake, really sharp truck. 8)

JJG

« Reply #1596 on: September 10, 2019, 11:51:26 PM »
I go past this Postal outlet in Langley often, there is always a trailer in the dock, keep hoping to find a tractor making the switch and finally the other day, it happened! The tractors used to be red/white with the  blue swoosh but I see now they are all white

right across the street was this Freightliner COE, looks like it might be for the Movie Industry

then in Aldergrove comes this wide load with a W900L doing the work

followed by this Freightliner Columbia dry bulk B-train tanks, these guys -can't think of the name of them right now-  haul cement powder.

this past weekend was the Langley Cruise In, now in Aldergrove ::), just hasn't been the same or near as big since! It is a car show primarily but a few trucks usually turn up, this fine 62 or 63 GMC flat deck was one

another look......a quick point and shoot, crowds were plentiful!

Quiring Towing (of Aldergrove) had the big KW T800H tri-drive wrecker on display. They often appear in the Highway Thru Hell TV series

In-N- Out Burgers of Baldwin Park California makes a once a year entry to the Canadian West Coast selling the famed burgers to all us Canucks - the show was over much earlier then it used to be, 3:30 in the afternoon and the truck was all closed up, by 4:00 the show was clearing out ::)

first time I have caught a 579 for them, they used to use 378's or 379's

sharp trailer

this heavy haul Peterbilt 379 day cab was in the heart of show

and then to end this batch, this IH 4700 lopro was on one of the side streets probably taking in the show as a spectator. Looks to be an RV, nice!

BONUS ROUND

This cool 1961 Chevy Apache/20 looks fairly original, missing a door molding but that box side molding is unique and HARD to find

Jim.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:32:43 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1597 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:11 PM »
The Freightshaker cabover is neat, all those movie rigs in your area are always really interesting.
The heavy hauling W9 sure is cool, very tough looking rig. 8)
Cool seeing the Quiring KW, always like seeing him on Highway Thru Hell, those folks have some serious skills doing those mountain recoveries.
That In-N-Out rig is really interesting, that's pretty cool they bring some exotic ::) flavors up there.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1597 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:11 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs