If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC  (Read 319619 times)

JJG

Re: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC
« Reply #1575 on: July 12, 2019, 10:17:42 PM »
Thanks for the info about Truk-King Jim, I didn't know they were from your neck of the woods!!

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1575 on: July 12, 2019, 10:17:42 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1576 on: July 13, 2019, 05:42:42 AM »
I'm liking the 2 Western Stars.....all you needed was a Vedder truck for a triple play Jim. ;D

RobG

« Reply #1577 on: July 13, 2019, 10:06:15 PM »
The 379 Pete hooked to the Truk King trailer is a local based truck out of Kelowna .I was able to get some pictures of it in Kelowna a couple years ago

JJG

« Reply #1578 on: July 13, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
Wow, good eye Rob!! I wonder it the trailer is leased from Trk-King then, looks like they removed the tool/step box ahead of the drives since you got it.

Jim

RobG

« Reply #1579 on: July 13, 2019, 10:14:26 PM »
Wow, good eye Rob!! I wonder it the trailer is leased from Trk-King then, looks like they removed the tool/step box ahead of the drives since you got it.

Jim
I think it looks better without the step.

JJG

« Reply #1580 on: July 21, 2019, 02:12:48 AM »
Continuing from the Penticton trip finally, didn't catch much between here and Hope, made a pit stop at the Flying J in Hope to catch this Peterbilt logger pulling in right behind us

along with this Coronado Mk ll tridem step deck

maybe heading out instead of in?

and a Freightliner FLD Classic sitting in the rear line up

and at the fuel island, a Plett Trucking Peterbillt 386

down the road from Flying J is a Peterbilt 389 car hauler off to the side

and east bound between Hope and Chilliwack goes Estes

That completes the Peneticton trip

Jim.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1581 on: July 22, 2019, 11:32:21 AM »
I love the mountains (a love I had in common with my late great-grandfather), so these shots are particularly wonderful. :)
The Flying J shots are really nice, that Coronado is quite a sharp rig, and the Plett rig is nice, too. 8)
The Pete with the Estes trailer is interesting, don't believe I've ever seen a O/O for Estes before.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #1582 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »
I love the mountains (a love I had in common with my late great-grandfather), so these shots are particularly wonderful. :)
The Flying J shots are really nice, that Coronado is quite a sharp rig, and the Plett rig is nice, too. 8)
The Pete with the Estes trailer is interesting, don't believe I've ever seen a O/O for Estes before.

Thanks Wreckerman, I always enjoy the mountains too!

I know that shot of the Estes unit was quite blurry but that was cool to see, the ,movement and late day glare made it tough to catch. I have seen trailers at a shared yard in Surrey from this Eastern Carrier lately, never have seen one hooked into a tractor so I will be watching for more now!

Jim.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 12:15:24 AM by JJG »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #1583 on: July 23, 2019, 03:50:45 AM »

Jim's journeys into the mountains are always quite scenic.
The Estes trailer would be hauled by a Canadian tractor not an owner operator.
Maybe TST Truckload Express - just guessing though.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #1584 on: July 23, 2019, 08:28:54 AM »
Estes trailers pulled by O/O tractors is hold stoty here in eastern part of the continent. The following photo date back from spring 2000.

http://www.barraclou.com/truck/tnt/tstsolutions/tcei3.jpg

The tractor was leased to TCEI (Transport Champlain Express Inc.) the truckload subsidiary of TST Solutions which was
rebranded TST Truckload Express after the takeover of TST Solutions by Transforce in 2000.

Since 2017 Transforce is not anymore the partner of Estes the American carrier having signed partnership agreements with
Speedy for eastern part of Canada and with Pacific Coast Express, part of Landtran Group, for the Western part.

JJG

« Reply #1585 on: July 23, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »
Estes trailers pulled by O/O tractors is hold stoty here in eastern part of the continent. The following photo date back from spring 2000.

http://www.barraclou.com/truck/tnt/tstsolutions/tcei3.jpg

The tractor was leased to TCEI (Transport Champlain Express Inc.) the truckload subsidiary of TST Solutions which was
rebranded TST Truckload Express after the takeover of TST Solutions by Transforce in 2000.

Since 2017 Transforce is not anymore the partner of Estes the American carrier having signed partnership agreements with
Speedy for eastern part of Canada and with Pacific Coast Express, part of Landtran Group, for the Western part.

Oh, thanks, that is the place I have seen the trailers.....Pacific Coast Express.

Jim.

JJG

« Reply #1586 on: August 09, 2019, 12:45:28 AM »
Here are some shots of the past few weeks, all from July, starting with a twin steer trid-drive Western Star dump, not a clear shot but unique. Taken in Langley on 16 Ave.

this next set are from a trip to Whistler and back, this one catches a Peterbilt 378 bark mulch tridem SB near West Vancouver on the Sea to Sky HWY

a pit stop in Squamish where this 60's GMC steel tilt cab ex fire truck is used for local community events

the authentic west coast mirrors have been removed along with the clearance lights,

leaving Squamish, a Peterbilt 386 is getting some supplies

no truck pics from there to Whistler, on our way back, from a lookout point between Whistler and Squamish, a KW twin steer concrete mixer heads south

and a Coronado MK ll SBA trid-drive tridem lowboy heads north on Sea To Sky HWY 99

next stop,  just south of Squamish, Shannon Falls was the attraction, then we took a gondola ride up to the top of the "Chief" as it is known, Big Freight heads south on our ascend. You can climb the chief on a trail but you have to go down the gondola.........we opted for up and down on the gondola

BONUS ROUND

This was quite a thrill, you go up fast, taken about mid way up

hope you enjoyed the trip,

Jim
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:08:08 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1587 on: August 09, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
Love the twinsteer Star, really cool rig, and the SBA Coronado is cool, too. 8)
The old fire truck with the deck is interesting, looks like something you'd see at a race or a drag strip.
The gondola shots are fascinating, especially the Big Freight framed by the cables, how cool is that? :D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #1588 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:24 PM »
Is that the famous Sea To Sky Highway going to Whistler?
That's a long way up the hill for a guy from the south western Ontario flat lands isn't it?

JJG

« Reply #1589 on: August 10, 2019, 12:23:10 AM »
Wreckerman: I was just happy to see a truck at that moment and yeah, never took note of it being framed, that is cool!

Rob: That IS the famed Sea To Sky Hwy, and yeah, I learned to climb quick, not much flat around here for sure. I think this view is spectacular, there is a gondola in Whistler too, took it up years ago, overlooks Whistler village , nice but not the same wow factor as this! This one is relatively new. Grouse Mountain has one too, went up it, beautiful view of the Vancouver area, all the ports and the downtown, ships look like toy boats.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:57:04 AM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1589 on: August 10, 2019, 12:23:10 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs